Have you been surprised?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
JenW

Re: Have you been surprised?

Post by JenW » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:56 pm

Okay Gals, I wore Teal Appeal on my lid and crease with Vanilla on my brow today. :shock:

It was a huge step. I have been lining with various greens and blues for quite some time, now. I do not think I have worn any form of green or blue anywhere else since High School, though. And maybe not even then! My daughter thinks it looks great. While I am not yet ready to take this public, I think I could get used to it.

I am never giving up my browns, but this is fun! Maybe a pic next time. I just never really thought I could pull it off. Just goes to show, it is good to step out of your comfort zone once in a while.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:41 am

You also happen to be gorgeous, and bright colours suit you (I saw you wearing purpley-bluey-lavendery eyshadow yesterday, missy! :mrgreen: )

I'm so glad you're stepping out of your comfort zone - you're beautiful, might as well let the world see it, yes?
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:58 am

Rhys is right :-), Jen! Stepping out of our comfort zones is good for us once in awhile! I never thought that I could pull off as many varied looks as I can. NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think that neutrals *wouldn't* make me look blah/dead but I am SO glad I bought that Stonewashed Nudes pallette. To find that they could be low-key & yet *very* sexy somehow at the same time...well, that floored me. Your hair/eye color is dramatic on its own. With my green eyes & primarily silver hair, it's easy to look washed out or washed-up,LOL! I tend to save the more dramatic colors for my outer < >, though, & pretty much anything goes as a liner.

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:13 am

:oops:

Thanks Mikie and Rhys. You are both too kind. Thank you for the encouragement!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:48 am

Brown-eyed girls can get away with anything. I'm jealous!

I have a few blues I can wear, but mostly stick to everything else - lavenders, greens (I am so glad to see Teal Appeal - I *needed* that shade, and Breathe is my kind of purple!), plums, coppers, the big surprise is being able to wear a peachy colours like Highbeam to highlight, and the lighter goldie shades, too, like Honey and Sprite. I love the Bobbi Brown palette, too - most browns and greys make me look dead, but the Stonewashed Nudes are absolutely lovely - ditto with Nudge-Nudge, Wink-Wink, Naughty, etc. - there's that tiny bit of purple, or taupe, or plum or just a touch of iridescence in there that sparkles them up just a tad, without making them look OTT.