Blonde, Hazel Eyes and Fair - Suggestions?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
lcash

Blonde, Hazel Eyes and Fair - Suggestions?

Post by lcash » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:59 pm

Hi, ladies. Looking for some ideas for an easy "everyday" look for work (I'm a junior high counselor) and an "on the town" look for upcoming anniversary. I use 1 ebony to 6 white foundation, date bait for PP, Climax for blush (if any), SN mascara, and whatever e/s I think might work. My eyes are more on the green/gold side of hazel. Hair is naturally dark blond with light blond highlights. Until recently, makeup has been an effort to hide the problems rather than enhance. Used to have problems with dryness and redness, but both of those have benefited greatly from SN products. I'd love to hear your ideas. Thanks in advance! Lauren
JenW

Re: Blonde, Hazel Eyes and Fair - Suggestions?

Post by JenW » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:45 pm

One color that looks great with hazel eyes for everyday is Teakie. I am thinking Honey or Bare would also be good. Honey is a light golden color, Bare is a neutral flesh color. Have you tried Poppy or Lovelace blush? I have to admit that I prefer Poppy of the two. I'd do a Delight lippie.

For a more dramatic look in a highlight color, you definitely need Fire. Typically, I pair that one with Brimstone, but it does go with many other colors. You could use a more purple color like Plush or Naughty with it. I would add Vixen blush to this look. Also, Tempt Tryst Perfecting Powder might be a fun change from Date Bait. I'd go with Amour or Beloved with the more dramatic look.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
lcash

Post by lcash » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:32 pm

Thanks, Jen. Of course you've named mostly items I do not have, so I'll be forced to shop!! Bummer (sigh....) L.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:56 pm

The other blush to grab at least a sample is Maybe Baby- it's not an intense blush- but rather nude and neutral- so it's a nice one to have around if you're going to do something dramatic with your eyes.

I second Jen's suggestions- and adding Bittersweet into the mix- it works well with Honey. Highbeam is fun too.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
tizzylou

Post by tizzylou » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:11 pm

Hi Lauren,
I have green gold eyes that tend to look more green than anything, My absolute favorite eyeshadow combo these days is Fire and Brimstone, the cooper in fire works well to bring out the gold, and the soft smokey gray/purple of Brimstone brings out the green so it is definately a win/ win combo for my eyes. I 'm warmer in coloring than you are, 1 warm gold to 5-6 Ivory right now. but Climax and Lovelace both work well for me. I usually use Tempt Tryst as my PP, but also like Lovelure really well,

When I want a nice simple look, I do a wash of Honey all over my eyes, then add Caperberry in the crease, and then I mix a little caperberry with the clear cream liner and use it to line with, of course Envy would be very pretty with this.

Hope this gives you some suggestion, in addition to the ones that Jen and Karen gave you.

Hollis
lcash

Post by lcash » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:52 pm

Well, it's official. I'll be making another order tomorrow! Good thing this is a relatively cheap habit. I pointed out to my hubby tonight that one pot of eyeshadow that lasts a year is cheaper than the dessert he ate at dinner. (We won't talk about how many "desserts" are in my makeup drawer!! Thanks for your tips. Fire and Brimstone sound a little like my church....so that's where I'll try it out! L.
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Lauren- For your hazel eyes, I think I would pick Nekkid over Bare. Nekkid is a little warmer and peachier. It will bring out your eyes more than the more neutral Bare.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
lcash

Post by lcash » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:01 pm

Thanks, Jen, I'll try Nekkid. Good thing I haven't had a chance to finalize my order yet!!! L.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:51 pm

You might want to pick up a sample of Tart Light, too - very pink (not as scary as it looks in the jar), and it might brighten up your complexion a bit without looking overdone.

Charmed, Seagrass, Gator Gold, Dolce, and Highbeam and Boom (and maybe Bling), Sprite for lighter/highlight eye colours, might also work well for you. Plush is just plain gorgeous. Maybe with a hint of Hint. Breathe, Lilac, and Gasp would likely work well, too. Whipped Cream and Whisper would probably be good to have around, too, or Sandstone Shimmer instead of Whisper - SS is more peachy but still pinky, Whisper is more pinky and has that absolutely stunning gold-and-diamond highlight to it. And maybe some Poly? Not sure, might be good, though.

Berry Nice, Berry Crush, Grace, Breathless, Birthday Suit, and Rare Berry for a few lippies to be going on with?
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:48 am

Hi, another fair skinned, Hazel eyed gal chiming in here..........I agree with Rhys for e/s, definately Gator Gold, Bling, Plush, and Highbeam, and I am planning on adding probably Dolce and Teal Appeal and maybe Sizzle on my next haul. Oh, OH, OH.......you NEED to at least sample Fort Knox, Envy, Black Cherry and Amythest liners. Oh, yah, Wink Wink too!
Laurie
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger