Don't you hate it when....?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
Rhys

Don't you hate it when....?

Post by Rhys » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Maybe this doesn't happen to other people. I'd meant to grab Naughty and Wink Wink to play with today, and ended up grabbing Naughty and Honey cos apparently I can't read before I do my makeup. Sad, that.

It's certainly interesting and I've got the moxie to pull it off (it's not that bad, and I am sort of known for 'interesting' eye looks) - though I think what saved the day was top lining as well as regular lining with Bewitched (found more by the 'ooh, pretty colour' method than actually noticing what it said on top of the jar). That bright purple really sparks up the Naughty and brings out the purple tones in it.

I still wish I could read before I put my makeup on, though.

It took me 20 minutes to find my foundation, too - that almost ended up being Angel glow - hey, it's pale, the foundation is pale, who needs labels? ;)

Or is it just one of those days?
JenW

Re: Don't you hate it when....?

Post by JenW » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:12 pm

What about when you accidentally switch lids when putting the shadows away? I have done this a few times.

I have now started storing them on their side in a Plano Box and may resort to writing the name on the side with a sharpie. I might need to take pics!!!

I also like that the newer lables have an easier to read font.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:20 am

It's a good thing we're pros, ROFL! ;)

Actually, I usually just grab by color/hue & often don't even notice the name. It's 4:05AM here & I'm getting ready to take my shower now ~ & whatever I grab, I grab! All bets are off at this time in the morning!

Really glad for the larger font size on the KisserSlicker labels! Well done! Now don't tell anybody,lol, but I HAVE to have one "on me" ~ I mean ON MY PERSON as well as on my lips at all times...so if I happen to have on slacks with no pockets, I tuck one in my bra, ROFL! The ink rubs off, so I have taken to #1: highlighting the color name with the general color it is (ie, pink for cooler shades, orange for warmer shades) & #2: wrapping scotch tape around the tube over the color name. No mess :) & a really quick visual when I grab-n-go. What I've done with older labels where the font size & type is tough to read is to print the name lots larger :oops: on a label & redo it as above. Those are my hints & lessons for the day,LOL!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:05 am

Mikie!

You are a very resourceful woman! Thanks for the tip. :D

I have washed one of my Kisser Slickers. Luckily, I caught it before it went in the dryer. The ink did start coming off, but I did the tape thing, too. And the contents are just fine! I would have been so sad if I lost it in the dryer, mostly for the lost Kisser Slicker and not the ruined clothes. I am sad, I know!!
Faves-
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:40 pm

You mean we're all makeup obsessed? LOL - Jen, I can see it now. Red-stained clothing, but emerging triumphantly with the Kisser Slicker! :mrgreen: (I wonder if insurance would cover that?)

Mikie, I do something similar with the colour choosing - I have a couple of Karen's makeup bags, and they're great, but I think I'd need three or four more just to house the e/s collection (I have friends who can't figure out why anyone would need as many as ten e/s's - ah, where to even start?), so I've taken to trying to keep e/s's in large see-thru plastic bags based on the colours - blues in one, greens in another, purples in another, highlights, liner shades, etc. and grab from complementary ones - though when I get new SN colours I do try to co-ordinate so I can write coherent reviews. Can't say I've ever kept a lipstick in my bra, though! And I still don't carry a handbag, even though I have several - stuff just gets shoved into pockets.

Jen, what is this Plano box you speak of? At the moment I'm living in an alcove of a one-bedroom flat that I share with four other people, so I'm reduced to putting on makeup trying to balance a mirror on the bed whilst the cats get into everything - grrr! But it's usually not that bad, and anything to take up less space and keep things organised would be good.
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:58 pm

Rhys,
The plano boxes I have I purchased at the fishing tackle store (I took an eyeshadow, blush and FP along.) They are clear with compartments.
I have one small size that perfectly holds 30 eyeshadows/samples on their side.
Plano 3450 6 compartment
http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage-P34506.html
and another that is bigger for the bigger stuff (there are tons of options here!). I have seen some sizes of these at Walmart in the fishing gear and Target in the Hardware. I think Ruby has a few.
Faves-
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:22 pm

Ooh, my. Must check into those - and they look very affordable, too.

Thanks!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:05 am

Guilty too- that's part of the reason we've started to switch the font to plain old readable Ariel for the labels (I also got a few emails...).

Rhys- you need a Bait Binder- the Plano's a great, but you have such a stash-that a bait binder is the way to go (they're pages of zip bags in a ring binder). Come up and visit and I'll take you to Bass Pro- the store's a little creepy, but the clerks are friendly and a few of them are pretty cute (I'm married but not dead)!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:19 am

Oh my. I'm not married, and trying not to think the worst about Tuesday (new surgery date).

If I survive (I will), I shall be there! (Might wait til I don't have a big bandage across my throat though - then again, that could add character :mrgreen:
~*mikie*~

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:35 am

Rhys, you are going to be *fine*. I will send prayers & you'll have all *kinds* of positive energy around you. Have just recently had GOOD biopsies results after a 3-month-run-of-being-low-level-terrified-at-all-times due to a NOT-so-good-biopsies result, I know the tension. We will stay positive for you!

Tickled you added an avatar!

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)