Moving disaster :(

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
egerandi

Moving disaster :(

Post by egerandi » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm starting to think our move is unending... We still have crapola at the old place, have to arrange for cleaning, and can't even move around inside the new place from all the boxes. Internet is broken too, even though I specifically arranged for it to be moved over the day of the move. Arggh...

And if all that is not enough, I can't find my makeup case :(
It has all my foundation, finishing powders, all blushes, and extra stuff I wear on occasions. I keep my lippies and shadows separately and my tools too, but everything else is in there. I'm devastated and I'm hoping that for some odd reason it's still at our old place. I could have sworn it was packed with all the other bathroom/makeup stuff, but searched high and low, and nothing. I still have some unopened kitchen boxes, but I doubt it would be there.

I'm kinda pulling off going to work without full makeup, thankfully my skin has been doing well, although this stress isn't helping. I'm gonna order some samples to get me through the week, and hope to find the darned case. If not, well, then time to replenish. I'm in a bind too, as my BF's club is running this Saturday, and I would feel naked going without full foundation and all that. And now I have to figure out what blush I wanna wear... ok, deeeeep breaths!
superwahz

Re: Moving disaster :(

Post by superwahz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:44 pm

Oh no! I was just browsing through this folder to find your moving thread and ask you how it went!

I hope your stuff turns up soon, I hate when I lose things during a move! If you PM me what you need, I can send you portions of foundation, finishing powder, blush, and such. Only thing is, I'm on the East Coast so it might not get to you in time for the weekend. :( But we can try! :D

I hope everything sorts itself out soon regarding your move. It's such high stress but wow, so great when it's all over!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:58 pm

I put in a quick order for foundation and finishing samples (and snuck in some of the new lippies just for the heck of it), and hoping to get the package by Saturday. Thanks for offering though! I'm sure I'll be fine, I'm just panicking right now. I guess this is the time one would reflect on what really matters, huh? Not sweating the small stuff and all. I'm just so sick of the whole process already and this is not helping at all. Waaaaah :D
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Moving really is no fun- i suspect i lost a couple of shadows the last time i moved (surprise, ethereal, bargain pink) and it really drives me crazy knowing that i HAD them. You'll probably find your case somewhere random- under a seat in the car or at the bottom of the kitchen stuff. I moved 5 times in 1 year and somehow, something ALWAYS ends up in the wrong box. I think I should be a pro by the time i actually buy a house and move again. Til then, i suggest moving your boxes into their proper rooms and going through them 1 at a time in order of importance (For me it's the kitchen first, then the bathroom, then the clothes, then the living room because at least one room needs to feel comfy, and everything else when i get around to it). Your makeup will turn up eventually- it's just stressful til then.
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:55 pm

Yeah, the idea was all there, just the execution failed. Hah, kitchen is the first for me too :D Except, this time I had no time to clear them away just yet, I had to get some bathroom stuff out, so we can shower away the moving grime and get ready for work. Meh, I'll keep looking.

Good news is, Karen already shipped my little emergency order, so the day is looking up :)

Edit to add: Karen and her wonderful shipping ladies sent the package yesterday. I feel so grateful to be part of this community :)
Last edited by egerandi on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:11 am

Oh no! I would hate to lose all my makeup :( I hope you find it soon, and that your mini order gets to you before saturday.
I really really hate moving, I am so glad we bought a house so we don't ever have to move again (unless we want to)!
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
ladycattat

Post by ladycattat » Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:42 am

Andrea, I think you have my phone #. If your package doesn't come in time, give me a call, and I can hop in the car and bring you some foundation and blush and zinc powder. Just let me know!
Laurie

So sorry this happened!
Summer,2012
90 Medium
5 BG
5.5 yellow

HG: Sheer Zinc Powder
and Equalizer
E/S..Spellbound, Adorn, and Juiced,
Lips: Roxie,Kinetic, Fascinate, Glacier, Nice Tan

There cannot be a crisis until next week. My schedule is already full.
Henry Kissinger
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:20 pm

You're an angel, Laurie, thank you for offering. The good ol' post office usually delivers the packages from SN within two days, the most I had to wait was three. I'm crossing my fingers :)
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:57 pm

AHH no I feel for you :( :( fingers crossed it turns up! It has to!
~~Sarah~~
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:58 pm

And Laurie I've got visions of you tearing down the road with sirens, flashing lights, and a big lipstick flag flying hehehe
~~Sarah~~