lip gloss: stickers coming off

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
zeebs

lip gloss: stickers coming off

Post by zeebs » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:18 am

Hi Karen,

I have found that as I carry and use my lip glosses, the following occurs:

1. gloss gets warm as I use it
2. gloss oozes over bottom of lid seam onto tube and sticker
3. sticker begins to peel off due to oils in gloss dissolving sticker glue
4. a funny little tab of paper starts sticking out on the corner of the tube, gouging my chin and lips as I apply the gloss.

Is there any way to modify the labels on the glosses so that they cover less of the lid/tube seam? I think it would work way better for me.

I'd really like to see a stronger glue and a smaller sticker... not sure if I'm just really anal about this problem or whatever but it bothers me. Thanks!
frond

Re: lip gloss: stickers coming off

Post by frond » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:11 am

I have two lip glosses who's stickers have fallen off completely... so I have to open the cap to see what color it is... I second the wish for stronger more long lasting gloss stickers :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:26 pm

I'll see what I can find...the current stickers are supposed to be permanent adhesive, super strong etc. All of the labels that we use are plastic, so you can wipe them off pretty easily- it just keeps everything a little neater looking. For the ones that have fallen off, I know one person who puts a little dot of nail polish on the top so she can grab the color she wants pretty easily.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:26 am

Oh! Ohmigosh! That is a great idea. I am going to try to reinforce the tops of the stickers with clear nail polish before they have a chance to get oily.

I will report back with results.