Anyone read Dead In the Family?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
ChristineLynnP

Re: Anyone read Dead In the Family?

Post by ChristineLynnP » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:01 am

JenK wrote: Glad you liked the book, sometimes I think I expect too much. I find Sookie one of the weakest characters, which is funny seeing she is the main one. One thing I really liked about this book is the mature, normal realationship Eric and Sookie have. God, I sound funny, like I know these people!

Another great series you should check out if you haven't is the Rachel Morgan series by Kim Harrison. I spend way too much money I don't have on books. I love to reread them so I always purchase.

How is you skin doing, I remember you posting on GOW? Hope all is well!
I agree Sookie is a pretty weak character... she drives me nuts on the show too. And the actress that plays her needs muzzled IRL, making "shocking confessions" (who really cares about them anyway? I think she blows them up to be bigger than they really are) to People every other week just to make sure she stays in the headlines. Ugh, Anna Paquin annoys me, but we're trudging through the series on Netflix anyway. But I didn't like her with Bill, it was all about the sex in the books, and I really hope season 3 is setting up to end that like in the books. Eric and Pam were always my favorite characters, and I like her with Eric better too.

I've always spent money I don't have on books too, but right now we're only living off my income, so other than the free app books I can get online, I have to be good. Which is hard, because I've always been a huge on reading. The nice thing about it though is that Eric discovered a reader app on our phones that allows us to download current books for free, and he's figured out how to convert them onto the computer to epub format to put them on my Sony Reader, and although they don't translate over perfectly (some repeated words, sometimes whole lines get repeated, but it's just here and there) I'm really happy to be able to constantly have something to read. It's actually hard for me to believe the publishers have sanctioned this, but the reader app claims that since they're not selling anything it's ok? I don't know. I feel guilty but on the other hand, I don't know that it hasn't been approved either, so who knows.

My skin is doing ok I guess. Still have some hormonal issues to work out, but I am much, much better than I was when I started out. I get hormonal acne on my chin and jawline something fierce (you can actually see that in my avatar pic, but this is as good as it gets), and it doesn't heal very well at all. My doctor wrote down a type zinc and the dosage for me to try, it'll help with the healing he said, but I can't afford anything extra like that just yet. I love that my doctor turns to that kind of stuff before expensive prescriptions though, like right now I take a larger-than-normal dosage of vitamin A under his supervision and that's helping too. I also have problems with these little pinprick red dots on my skin. They're not bumps, it's completely smooth under make-up, but ugh, drives me nuts that I feel I have to wear foundation every day to work. But overall I'm about 75% better and I'm starting to think this is best it'll ever get.

Sorry to derail this thread... guess that was a longer-winded answer than I should've given :oops:
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com