Spoiler Thread

MBlovesSN

Re: Spoiler Thread

Post by MBlovesSN » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:49 pm

I just received Specimen yesterday. No swatch, but I would describe it as off-white with gold, green, and blue shimmer in it. It is quite unique and beautiful in my opinion, like a gorgeous creamy vanilla bean off-white (I feel like I am failing to describe the "awesomeness" of the color). I was thrilled to get this one as I work in a lab and handle "specimens" every day (yes I am a sucker for uniquely named shadows).
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
Bubble

Post by Bubble » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:47 am

Thanks very much MBlovesSN for the detail description! I think I got the "awesomeness" of the colour. ;)
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Does anyone have any swatches or descriptions of this week's GWP, the Hey Baby gloss? Curious to know whether or not I *need* it.
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
tardis

Post by tardis » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:33 pm

cclee00 wrote:Does anyone have any swatches or descriptions of this week's GWP, the Hey Baby gloss? Curious to know whether or not I *need* it.
I don't think anyone will receive it until tomorrow. I have a two day turnaround on orders since I live in the northeast (shipped Monday; received Wednesday). I'll report in when with a description tomorrow but we don't have a whole lot of sun up here this time of year for swatches. :)
tardis

Post by tardis » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Okay, Hey Baby is a creamy neutral nude pink in, what I'm guessing, is a new formula called Formula 86. Great color and an amazingly moisturizing formula. Can I start the campaign for this to be added to the permanent collection? :)

I'd post some swatches but we've got a blizzard moving in and the light is terrible.
frckls

Post by frckls » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Darnit Tardis!! What the heck is Formula 86?? Ogosh I'm really curious!!!
feyith

Post by feyith » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:40 pm

What color is it the most similar to so that I know if I need it or NEEEEED it? :lol:
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:10 am

Haha I seem to have started something.

Thanks for the replies, tardis...now elaborate! ;) Pinky nude how? We talkin' Maiden or...more like Bloom? or St Tropez? And what do you mean new formula?!?!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
tardis

Post by tardis » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:46 am

:lol:

I wish I could post pictures but they're worthless thanks to the weather.

Okay, the best comparison is that this is the pink version of Nice Tan. That same creamy, sheer, light shade but in pink rather than tan. Hey Baby is lighter than Cultured. Less brown than Centerfold. And more neutral than Maiden. It's not as cotton candy pink as Bloom which was too light and too cool for me. Very pretty soft nude pink that works on my very warm skin. For reference, I'm between light and medium in skintone — lighter this time of year.

The label is the same style as the Butter Creams: black with the kind of swirly white text. "Formula 86 Vegan Lip Gloss." The formula is just like the most moisturizing Kisser Slickers.

Whether or not you need it, well... :twisted:
Last edited by tardis on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
feyith

Post by feyith » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 am

Aah!!! That's EXACTLY the color I've been searching for!!! Get out of my brain, Karen!!! *Throws $20 worth of random stuff in cart.* LOL!