Swap Feedback

zooeyblue

Re: Swap Feedback

Post by zooeyblue » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:10 pm

I am new to the swap world, but my first experiences have been great! Big happy faces :D for:
Zeebs
Xarata
Pomi

Thank you for making my first swaps fun! :D
~Tracy~
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:58 pm

Great swap with Feyith, lots of little extras tucked in! Now I gotta go buy a f/s Black Dahlia! :D
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Great swaps with zooeyblue, superwahz, and egerandi- Thanks girls!
001.JPG
001.JPG (129.61 KiB) Viewed 6868 times

I don't normally take pictures of swaps but I felt like a kid at xmas so this time i had to. We swapped both makeup and fun stuff- me sending discontinued colors and headbands and they sending fun things they do or have that i don't.

Left- the original swap was for some of the GWP colors i missed, but spiraled into something even more fun. I've only ever had ice cream mochi, but superwahz sent another type of mochi. The best way i can think of to decribe mochi is that it's like fruit flavored cookie dough. yum yum. She also picked out a pretty swirly bowl for the asian market for me! I sent her some dc'ed colors and some of my headbands.

Middle- Egerandi makes homemade dog treats and my dog loves her some cookies. Egerandi sent two bags of cookies for my Honey and some scallop pink shadow for my jar of loverly (best cream blush color EVER)

Right- zooeyblue had a GWP i missed that she wasn't loving on and i sent her one of my headbands. She tucked some cute little stones into the package for my xarata project. Now i just have to figure out what i want to use them in!

Thanks girls!!!
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
feyith

Post by feyith » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:37 pm

Another :D for lwoodall10 and superwahz - I haven't had a chance to count how many eyeshadow samples I got today but it's a LOT! Thank you, gals! :mrgreen:
superwahz wrote:Now I gotta go buy a f/s Black Dahlia! :D
Told you it's made of magic! :lol:
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:49 pm

Great swap with Xarata! She got asian goodies, I got some SN colors that are purrrrrfect, and, of course, her super cute head bands! Those things are gonna come in handy this summer... :D
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:44 pm

I think (horror of horrors!) that I forgot to post about the absolutely amazing RAOK I got from Cupcake. She sent me 10 (yes, 10!) lip colours, including 6 SN (!!!), one of which was an unused seedy. Wow!!! I was like a kid on christmas morning. She is such a sweetie and wouldn't even allow me to send anything in return. So yeah, pretty much 100 stars :D :D :D
Thanks Helena! ♥
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:14 am

Is this thread for swapfeedback ONLY, or is it also for giving feedback to sweet gestures someone has experienced from people here...?

Sorry if I hijack, but just wanted to know, because I know how much it means to people when they get a thanks for something they have done, so just wanted to be sure in case there is something I have missed... :oops:

Edit: Ok, not fishing for compliments or feedback from all the people I have sent things to in here, just so we are clear ;) , I truly just wanted to know!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:43 am

I don't know for sure but I believe it came about after a series of swaps in which one person did not fulfil their side of the deal.

I'm all for good manners. I suspect that as we all swim in a fairly small pond here and recognise familiar and trustworthy names, a feedback thread isn't really necessary to enhance a swapper's reputation. I think people are just wanting to show their gratitude and give kindness some kudos.

If a swap comes up with someone who is 'unknown' or keeps a very low profile, so you might not know if they're trustworthy or not, a thread like this in which they can be commended is a helpful reference to anyone with whom they may wish to swap goodies with for next time.

When it's just us regulars, a private message with "cheers, it got here safe" is enough for me. Getting glory in public for what was meant to be a discrete wee kindness makes me uncomfy. Grateful, all the same, but my ego is secure enough without it :lol: ;)
Pomi

Post by Pomi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:23 pm

:D for Zooeyblue and superwahz !
Two amazing swappers ;)
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:19 am

Cupcake wrote:When it's just us regulars, a private message with "cheers, it got here safe" is enough for me. Getting glory in public for what was meant to be a discrete wee kindness makes me uncomfy. Grateful, all the same, but my ego is secure enough without it :lol: ;)
Sorry Cupcake, I just thought your amazing RAOK was too nice to go by unnoticed! I generally post feedback here and say thanks via pm for swaps and RAOKs.
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥