Beware Swaplifters....

karen
Site Admin

Beware Swaplifters....

Post by karen » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:33 pm

I'm not naming names yet because I believe in at least a "fair trial" but beware that there may or may not be a swaplifter on the board. If you get any messages from anyone with a very small number of posts to the forum- you may want to think twice about swapping with them. If you're in doubt, you can PM me or Jen with a name, and I can tell you if I know them or not (I will not be vetting each person on the forum though....99.99% of you are very nice, sweet, honest people).
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Re: Beware Swaplifters....

Post by egerandi » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:07 pm

:(
Thanks for the heads up!
feyith

Post by feyith » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:28 pm

That's too bad. :(

What I don't understand is so many people here are happy to give stuff away for free anyway. What's the point of scamming someone?
lilychemgirl

Post by lilychemgirl » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:53 am

feyith wrote:What I don't understand is so many people here are happy to give stuff away for free anyway. What's the point of scamming someone?
Yeah, you would probably end up getting more stuff just by hanging out here and being nice! Sucks that someone is trying to ruin it for everyone else.
Thanks Feyith for starting the feedback thread :)
Mineral makeup addict, Mama to three amazing girls, loving wife to Tom ♥
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:25 pm

It is so sad when this happens, because it affects everyone when someone choose to do this... :(
I have never experienced this my self, but I think I would be sad if I did because I have always put my heart in the swaps I have done...
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:28 pm

I feel the same way, Mylavenderheart. Luckily, everyone I have swapped with here has been fantastic!
ega

Post by ega » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:05 pm

MyLavenderHeart wrote:It is so sad when this happens, because it affects everyone when someone choose to do this... :(
Ditto.

Personally, I have not swapped anything yet. Not sure I want to try now :S
Foundation Mix: 3 x Buttery Gold : 2 x Yellow Booster : 0.5 x Green Booster : 57 x Original Ivory : 3 x Glow
Lips: Pure, Ambrosia, Reaction, Chemise, Flaunt, Cerise | Eyes: Grassroots Green, Goddess, Motive, Fuse
MyLavenderHeart

Post by MyLavenderHeart » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:29 pm

lwoodall10 wrote:I feel the same way, Mylavenderheart. Luckily, everyone I have swapped with here has been fantastic!
Thanks lwoodall, Good to know, gooooood to know :) :D
ega wrote:
MyLavenderHeart wrote:It is so sad when this happens, because it affects everyone when someone choose to do this... :(
Ditto.

Personally, I have not swapped anything yet. Not sure I want to try now :S
I know what you mean ega. Just weigh the pros and cons and do what you feel is best for you ;)
Luckily most people in this world are honest and true and really good people. And those who aren`t will be revealed for what they are sooner or later...
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:52 pm

I agree....it is unfortunate that occasionally things go poorly. But, I've done a fair amount of online transactions in my time...around 30,000 or so, and I can count on one hand the number of times I've been ripped off. Knock wood- I don't know who's smiling on me to make that happen, but I agree that most people are wonderful.

I've met a lot of beautiful people online, and for me personally, I'm willing to get ripped off a few times as a trade off for all of the other incredible experiences in my life. It totally bites when it happens though :oops:
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
superwahz

Post by superwahz » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:22 pm

I think this is really sad...especially since everyone on this forum is happy to share! I haven't done any swapping either yet, but with all the lovely ladies in this forum the odds are overwhelmingly in favor of having a good trade! :D

And for the few that want to scam people and ruin it for the whole bunch...well, what goes around comes around...the way we treat others comes back to us sooner or later!
Taking joy in living is a woman's best cosmetic. ~Rosalind Russell