More Dupes??

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
evah2003

Re: More Dupes??

Post by evah2003 » Fri May 09, 2008 3:52 am

karen wrote:Cancel that theme- I'm going with a Sand, Sun and Fun theme for this release. Jen emailed me this morning and inspired me. I think I'm good for the moment! Back to the lab!!!!
Hmmm with that theme in mind, maybe "Frappucchino" (or however you spell that..) would be a more fitting name.. :-)

Can´t wait to see what you have in store for us with that theme..although the "Mild to Wild" one sounded interesting as well. ;-)

Eva
teiko

Post by teiko » Thu May 15, 2008 9:00 pm

MAC Emote pls! I already have one item struck off my wishlist;)
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Hi...I am new to the board and have to say I think I have bought over half of her collection and I love it all! I would love a BeneFit Dallas dupe.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Mon May 19, 2008 8:21 pm

We mentioned MAC's Dame before, but I am so thrilled with Tart, Babydoll, Carnal, Pretty Plum, and Forbidden that I can forego it. Probably :)

I still can't get over five perfect blush shades in one go. The reason the blush collection is way bigger than it needs to be is that over the years I've bought so many 'almost but not quites'.

The time it was five straight winners. I am so so glad for both some wearable pinks (so many companies have a brown-neutral base to pinks that just won't work if you're cool and pale), wearable plums (yes!), and finally - a perfect red. Lumiere's Spiced Apple is nice, and has been my 'red' up until now, but it's got a hint of copper- bronze that I really didn't want in a red shade. Not to diss it. It's a pretty colour. But I think I was having the same problem with red blushes as I was with red lippies, just couldn't find anything that really was wearable.
lovelyloey

Post by lovelyloey » Wed May 21, 2008 9:08 pm

A dupe of NARS Nightbreed eyeshadow please!
I can't get hold of any online for a reasonable price ...
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed May 21, 2008 10:41 pm

So I bought Dame- and for the life of me I don't know where I put it. It is a good color- but where it's hiding- who knows.

With NightBreed- have you tried our Wild Woman shade? The sparkle is a little bit different- but the gist is similar- black with glimmer. I like it as a liner shade for more sparkley occasions.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri May 30, 2008 2:52 pm

I wish i could think of dupes but SN is the only cosmetics I use really. But there is one lip gloss I would loved duped.

It Bourjois Effect 3D les nudes lip gloss in brun poetic (shade 33) http://www.bourjoisusa.com/lips/gloss/15

It looks uninteriesting on the website but its a great colour and lipgloss. Perfect for summer.
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri May 30, 2008 6:50 pm

Let me see if I can get to a Sephora sometime and I'll take a look at it. I was just at the one in Albany over the weekend too! Shoot. I live out in the boonies (by choice)- so it may take me a little while to con the husband into going to Rochester, but I'll see what I can do.

It's funny Bourjois here is kind of a "luxury" brand- but when I was in France it's the equivalent of a drug store brand (which goes to show how awesome French grocery stores are- love shopping for beauty products when I visit the MIL).
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sat May 31, 2008 2:20 am

Yeah Bourjois its a drugstore brand in the UK too, actually I fine it cheaper then the others.

If you like I can send you a little pocket version of the lipgloss that bourjois sell over here

thanks for listen Karen
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.