Ingredients in New Foundations, etc.

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
trixiejim

Ingredients in New Foundations, etc.

Post by trixiejim » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:41 pm

I couldn't find anywhere on the website where the ingredients are listed for the medium and heavy foundations. Is it there and I'm missing it? If it's not there, can you post and let us know the ingredients?

Also, just a suggestion....can you update the "Ingredients" page? I don't think it's been done since you started releasing all your wonderful new colors, products, etc.

Thank you!

Kim :)
JenW

Re: Ingredients in New Foundations, etc.

Post by JenW » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:36 pm

Most of the color products from the releases prior to the MOAC 3 have ingredients on the individual pages under 'additional information'. The last four new cream liners and six new lippies do need to be updated for ingredients on the individual pages. However, I see the convenience of having it all in one place.

From what I know of foundation formulation, the ingredients are the same, but in different ratios. Peach base adds more of a certain oxide color, and Deep Ebony is just darker than the original Ebony, so pretty much the same there.

Hopefully, Karen will step in if I am wrong, but I really can't think of any additional ingredients that she would have added to the new Ivory bases.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:46 pm

[quote="JenW"]Most of the color products from the releases prior to the MOAC 3 have ingredients on the individual pages under 'additional information'. The last four new cream liners and six new lippies do need to be updated for ingredients on the individual pages. However, I see the convenience of having it all in one place.

Thank you Jen! I actually like the ingredients on the individual pages, but like you said, the ingredients list under "additional information" is missing for some of the newer products. I look forward to when you guys have a chance to add the info :)

As far as the ingredients in the heavier foundation ivory base, I just wanted to be sure kaolin clay wasn't added since it makes me break out. I know Karen has not used KC in any of her products in the past. I'm not too knowledgable and did not know that by adding more of certain ingredients and less of others that it would give heavier coverage.

Thanks again,
Kim :)
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:08 pm

No Kaolin in the foundations, but there is in the primer powders (other than the 100% silk). If I had the other new products' ingredients here, I would definitely enter them. I will make sure it is on Karen's radar, though.
Faves-
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:02 pm

Oh, I'm really bummed about Kaolin Clay being in the primer powders :( I ordered them and now won't be able to use them. The "ingredients" page still says that no clays, etc. are used. :( :(
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:20 pm

I just read the new brochure that was included with my order and it has been updated to include the ingredients in the new products. On the back page it still says the following:

"All of our products are formulated to be extra gentle........We do not use any starches of any kind, talc, clays, oils, or synthetic preservatives in any of our powdered makeup formulas."

Is this a mistake, Jen, since you said there is kaolin clay in the primers? Now I'm confused.

Thank you!
Kim :|
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:36 pm

I apologize, Kim. I am in error on this. The ingredients for the oil control primers are as follows:

Untinted- Calcium Carbonate, Silk Powder, Silica

Tinted- Calcium Carbonate, Silk Powder, Silica, plus some iron oxides.

I should not have assumed that kaolin clay was in the primers for oil control.
Faves-
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:39 pm

Hi,
I'm sorry girls- I haven't been near a computer with my notebook in a few days...Nooooooo on the kaolin in anything powdered. I'll update the page in the morning, but the primer is Silk Powder, Calcium Carbonate, and Silica (a lot of silica)- and the tinted version has iron oxides.

The new foundations are the same as the original, but with more (a lot more) zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.

I'll update the page in the morning!

Take care,
Karen
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
trixiejim

Post by trixiejim » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:41 am

No problem Jen! An honest mistake :)

Thank you Karen and Jen for clarifying; I appreciate it ,and I am now excited to try out the primers as well! :)