No shampoo water only hair care?

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
extemter

Bumble & Bumble hair powder in black

Post by extemter » Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks for the rec, egerandi! I have Bumble & Bumble hair powder in black and the black clings tenaciously everywhere -- clothes, skin, towel, counter, floor. I have a designated dry shampoo brush that's coated in black.
JenK

Re: No shampoo water only hair care?

Post by JenK » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:27 pm

I have never used a dry shampoo. Are they just to save time by spraying the roots? I have a very oily scalp and have to wash my hair everyday. I need to look into this!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:07 am

JenK wrote:I have never used a dry shampoo. Are they just to save time by spraying the roots? I have a very oily scalp and have to wash my hair everyday. I need to look into this!
Yes, they can save time by spraying on roots, rubbing in to soak up the oils, and you can also blast it the dryer to restyle it.
It also works for me when my hair is a bit too clean right after washing and adds a bit of texture.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:58 am

Susan uses a little bit of Perfecting Powder as a dry shampoo...apparently just a little bit on the roots fluffs it up nicely. She has black hair, and she's been using it for a few years.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
aud

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk

Post by aud » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:32 pm

We don't have as many shampoo options as in the States over here. In fact, the only dry shampoo I know of on retail here is the Made in France's Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P216708).

I think the aerosol version is sold in the States, but we only have the twist cap "puff" bottle here. It works pretty well and does get the grease off the scalp, but brushing it off is a PITA and I always leave white residue on my scalp, regardless of how much I brush through that. Certainly gives much-needed volume to the roots for my fine flat hair. It's just the brushing out that gets to me.

Funny, the aerosol can has slightly different ingredients from the manual "puff" bottle we get here.

Aerosol can: Butane, Propane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch (Oryza Sativa), SD Alcohol 39-C (Alcohol Denat.), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil (Avena Sativa), Cyclodextrin, Cyclomethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Isopropyl Myristate, Silica.

Puff bottle: Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch (Oryza Sativa), Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Hectorite, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Avena Sativa), Kaolin, Silica, Cyclodextrin, Fragrance
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:22 pm

karen wrote:Susan uses a little bit of Perfecting Powder as a dry shampoo...apparently just a little bit on the roots fluffs it up nicely. She has black hair, and she's been using it for a few years.
I've done that when I'm in a rush and don't have time to wash my hair. lol
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:02 am

Xarata wrote:
karen wrote:Susan uses a little bit of Perfecting Powder as a dry shampoo...apparently just a little bit on the roots fluffs it up nicely. She has black hair, and she's been using it for a few years.
I've done that when I'm in a rush and don't have time to wash my hair. lol
Ohhhh, intriguing! How much and what's your method? Since I switched to Blur and Luxury powder as finisher and primer, I've been trying to put the leftover PP to good use.
extemter

Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray

Post by extemter » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:16 am

I just found out about Suave Professionals Dry Shampoo Spray (under $3 for 5 oz). I wonder if it's in my local drugstores yet. I was so excited about this news that I had to share. :)