Question about size of product???

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
mgmsrk

Question about size of product???

Post by mgmsrk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:01 am

Hi ladies, I just received my first order, this is what I got

Sample Maybe Baby Blush
Highbeam- Golden Peach Shimmer
Opal- Light Morphing Shimmery Pink Eye Shadow
Fire- Copper Gold Morphing Highlight Eye Shadow
Vanilla- Shimmery Cream Eye Shadow
Sprite- Etherial Shimmering Gold- MAC Nylon clone
*Intro Foundation, Finishing Powder Kit*
Luxe- Shimmering Golden Bronze Eye Shadow
Wink Wink light neutral silver shimmer
Brimstone- Smokey Purple Copper- MAC Slate clone
Boom- Warm Oyster- Shroom Clone
Sample Date Bait
Cashmere- Shimmery Nude Pink Eye Shadow

I can’t wait to try them all and congratulations to Karen for the fastest shipping to Canada I have seen, and thank you for putting it in a package that will fit in my mail box so I don’t have to drive to the Post Office to pick it up.

I have a question…………all of the eye shadows are chock full, so that when you turn them you can see little or no air space except for the Luxe it is only half full. Is this normal?
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
JenW

Re: Question about size of product???

Post by JenW » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:37 am

I have a few myself that seem 'less full' than others. There is some amount of settling in transit, and some micas are just more prone to that than others. Luxe, for example, does have some larger particle size micas in it, and as a result is more likely to be a 'settler'. Even though it seems to have quite a bit of open space in the jar, you will find that there is a ton of product in there, and it will last for quite a while. If you still feel it is a misfilled jar, that is an issue for CS, and needs to be handled through the contact form on the website.

You have quite a lovely haul there! Have fun playing!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
mgmsrk

Post by mgmsrk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:24 pm

Thank you for the response Jen. I don’t feel like I was short changed, it just seemed strange to have 9 eye shadows in front of me and only one was different. I agree the quantities are exceptional for the price, including the sample sizes.

I am right now trying to find my perfect foundation mix and am almost out of white!!!! I’m close, so far I have a 14w to 1 ebony with a scoop of a 7w to 1 warm gold (that I did first but was to yellow) to cut some of the pink. This could be it but I may need just a touch more white, I think I have at least a scoop left. Maybe I can post my first FOTD today!
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:30 pm

Yayyy! My mugs would love friends up here on the boards! The more the merrier! :D
Faves-
mgmsrk

Post by mgmsrk » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:31 pm

I am putting together my next order and I have a new question. Is the jar that comes with the regular size foundation kits larger than the one with the sample kit? I am trying to figure out if I need to order the kit of just order the refill of white.

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:53 pm

It is a little larger. It is a 20 gram jar, where the jar that came with the sample kit was a 10 gram jar.

With your mix, you certainly could get by with just ordering white for a while. When you upsize your recipe, you can use regular kitchen measuring spoons. 1/4 of a tsp. is equal to 8 scoops. You can also mix it in a small zip baggie and store the bulk of it there. I know that is alot of options.
Faves-
mgmsrk

Post by mgmsrk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:15 pm

You are so right about the options, its just great. I decided to go with the white refill and put the money saved into other products ;)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com