More e/s's with a finish like Earth's

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
Rhys

More e/s's with a finish like Earth's

Post by Rhys » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:24 am

Thank you so much, Karen for making this eye shadow!

I like the normal sparkly ones, though sometimes those are a little OTT. I can't wear the satins as they're way shinier on me than the sparklies are, and I end up looking like a disco ball. I thought it was just me, but several other women at Chanty's commented on it.

But Earth is something else. It really does have a nicely textured, pearlescent finsih - not flat matte, but not overly sparkly, either. It's absolutely gorgeous.

I would LOVE to see more eye shadows with this kind of finish!

Possible?
melon

Re: More e/s's with a finish like Earth's

Post by melon » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:02 am

I agree. I'd love to have something purple-ish and/or bronzy with this finish.
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:04 am

I wore Earth the other day, finally gave it a fair chance, and I love it! It's a beautiful finish and perfect for a more polished, professional look. I would definitely love to see more colors with this finish!
~Tracy~
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:50 pm

I love Earth!!! Just bought a full size one! Something about it is just so cool! ;)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:54 pm

I don't really wear browns, would I like Earth? I received a sample of Quartzite, and I wore it a few times, but not something I reach for too often, although it's really pretty lined with Vogue. I also have Venus (an older GWP) that I wore a few times with Enigma (another GWP), but again, nothing that I would keep close. My hair is black and my eyes are blue, so the browns are just not getting called on. I don't actually own any brown (khaki, light yellow, or anything in that range) clothing. The finish of Earth is intriguing though...
On that note, would I like Tailfeather? Anyone tried it with Boom?
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:04 pm

egerandi wrote:I don't really wear browns, would I like Earth? I received a sample of Quartzite, and I wore it a few times, but not something I reach for too often, although it's really pretty lined with Vogue. I also have Venus (an older GWP) that I wore a few times with Enigma (another GWP), but again, nothing that I would keep close. My hair is black and my eyes are blue, so the browns are just not getting called on. I don't actually own any brown (khaki, light yellow, or anything in that range) clothing. The finish of Earth is intriguing though...
On that note, would I like Tailfeather? Anyone tried it with Boom?
Egerandi,
I'm not great at describing colors but I just swatched enigma next to earth and they are quite different. Enigma seems to have more sparkles and a more pinky gold sheen? It's night time so I'm just looking at it under a bright light. I'll check in the daytime tomorrow.Although it is nice I don't wear Enigma a lot and I wouldn't say its close to Earth at all. Earth is so neat. I have brown eyes (but I have noticed we like a lot of the same colors) and I usually can't wear browns. I like purples, pinks and greens like fairy dust. But Earth is kind like moonstone ( which I just got and totally am in love with but thats another story :lol: ) it is brown but has a purple look about it so you could wear it with a purple shirt. It also has little sparkles of what looks like pink but in Karens description she said she put some red in it. And even though it has sparkles in it ,it isn't sparkly. It is a great one color wash for a casual day. I like it because to me it seems like a cool brown (versus a warm brown) if there is such a thing.
I think I'm neutral with a little yellow undertone, but I like cool colors best.
HTH :D
On edit... I should get tailfeather tomorrow and I will try it with boom and let you know how it looks. I was thinking I might need to get something like foreplay to go with it! :lol: I haven't tried that one yet!

on
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:55 pm

OK, sounds like Earth is more taupe than brown? I like the sound of the purple undertones, going on the list :) Thanks!
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:52 am

I am overly excited to get earth!! I agree that some more sort of muted not flat not matte not sparkly but pearly colours would be a nice addition!
I am interested in all colours in this type, plum, purple, pinky, brown, copper….etc….. :) but I can’t wait for my order to get here so I can start wearing it!! Sometimes too many sparkles just doenst work for during the day. And I go through strange ‘au naturalle’ periods where I don’t use anything sparkly, but I don’t like matte either. And pearl is the perfect mix I think. A nice beige highlighter with this texture would be fantastic!!

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:37 am

la_canadiense(01) wrote:I am overly excited to get earth!! I agree that some more sort of muted not flat not matte not sparkly but pearly colours would be a nice addition!
I am interested in all colours in this type, plum, purple, pinky, brown, copper….etc….. :) but I can’t wait for my order to get here so I can start wearing it!! Sometimes too many sparkles just doenst work for during the day. And I go through strange ‘au naturalle’ periods where I don’t use anything sparkly, but I don’t like matte either. And pearl is the perfect mix I think. A nice beige highlighter with this texture would be fantastic!!
Well, I wouldn't describe it as pearl, I would describe it as muted with texture? ;)
selki

Post by selki » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:51 am

I'd like to add my request for more colors with Earth's finish/texture. To me, it falls into the pearly sheen category, & I'm really liking that about it. For some reason I'm not loving sparkles as much I used to, but I cannot do mattes, so a pearly sheen is just right for me most of the time.

Karen, please make more!!!!
"The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals." ~ Anonymous