Fawn Pink / Scallop Pink eyeshadow difference?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Aden

Fawn Pink / Scallop Pink eyeshadow difference?

Post by Aden » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:06 pm

I am really keen to try a pink color, especially to compliment the Beach Plum I have and really love. I have to be careful with pinks as they can make me look like i've been crying! Which one is more subtle / natural? (I don't mind some shimmer.) On the eyeshadow chart they are too far apart to compare, so do any of you ladies own them both and can compare for me?
karen
Site Admin

Re: Fawn Pink / Scallop Pink eyeshadow difference?

Post by karen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:43 pm

Well...I created them- so this opinion is a bit biased, but I'll try my best.

Scallop Pink- along with Beach Plum are made to go with our Stonewashed Nudes Collection- so they're both earthy, and kind of matte- if you like Beach Plum you'll probably like Scallop Pink too. Fawn has more of a shimmer- both are pretty, and they both have enough brown in them to keep you from looking like you just peeled an onion.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:23 pm

I think Fawn Pink has just a tinge of peach with its earthy pinkness. I guess that makes it a bit warmer in tone than Scallop Pink that is more plum in its earthy pinkness. I personally like them both. I hope this has helped and we will try to fix the swatches soon!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:08 pm

All the pinks are great, so I'll just mention a couple of my faves here. If you foil Whisper, it's an absolutely ethereal pink - very pale, but very beautiful - bit shimmery, though. I wear it daytimes, but for most women, maybe foiled it's more appropriate for evening. Foiling is easy - just damp the brush a bit with distilled water (or tap water), tip a little pigment into a saucer or small bowl (don't want to get the whole jar of it wet), and apply that way.

Cashmere is another pink colour that's absolutely great as an all-over wash, though it does have some shimmer. It does have a bit more 'oomph' to it than Fawn or Scallop, but it's not over-the-top. You won't look like you've been sobbing or come down with conjuctivitis or anything. A great one for rushed mornings.
marcey

Post by marcey » Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:52 pm

Aden,

I got the Scallop Pink/Beach Plum combination before Karen introduced Fawn Pink. I find the colors work very well together. I've also tried Beach Plum with Cashmere for a bit different look.

Marcey
short_skirts

Post by short_skirts » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:41 am

Oh, with the mention of Beach Plum, is it still available? I made an order yesterday, and couldn't find it, however, I could've missed it!
Aden

Post by Aden » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:37 am

It's still available - on page 1 of the Eyeshadows, it's in the middle of the 2nd row. Really nice one - I highly recommend it!