I'm Addicted

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
nfig

I'm Addicted

Post by nfig » Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:10 pm

I'm addicted to Silk Naturals! I just heard about them for the first time on Monday and I've since made FOUR orders! I just got my first two yesterday and I fell in love with everything. Please tell me I'm not the only one that places this many orders in one week???? I keep searching the forums and site and find more things I'd like to try.
lwoodall10

Re: I'm Addicted

Post by lwoodall10 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:05 pm

Trust me, your not the only one :lol:

I don't do it as often now, but when I first started using SN I made several orders a week. ;)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:49 pm

You're in good company here. Nope, you're not the only one by a mile. It's rare to find another super addict in real life but there are dozens here (our secret "handshake" is "oooh what color is that"). Sam has a 12 step program- I added a few of my own, and just signed a lease on a new, bigger factory space because makeup addiction seems to be contageous, and we all "feed' off of each other. So I'm guessing really I should be up to about step 20 by now. I can walk into Sephora, and say "really is that ALL you have??".

Funny story- when I started SN I told DH that I was just going to make a handful of products. Nothing huge, nothing crazy- we certainly wouldn't be the type of company to make over 100 kinds of eye shadow. Ha! I'll be lucky if I stop at 100 lippies- not to mention the eye shadows. FACTORY #3 here we come!

Welcome we're glad you're here.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:10 pm

Welcome to the SN 'crack' Addiction

When it comes to make up I'm and e/s girls and I can honestly say except for may be 5(ish) shades, I have all SN e/s colour (this isn't including the GWP). As you already have the crack addict enthusiasm, you may be interested in having the title of 'enabler' aka SN dealers. When someone asks which product to buy you encourage them to buy both and more!!!!!!!!!! Of course this is before or after you've converter friends and family :twisted:

Happy shopping and remember your friends and family may not understand your addiction, but here on this forum we welcome you with open arm and encouragement to buy more.

Karen OMG I'm already there!!! I go shopping with friends and there like "oooohhh Sarah make up, look at this eyeshadow, check out this lippie, isn't this blush pretty." I sigh at them looking unimpressed. They keep asking my why I never buy make up in town and I tell them, all those eyeshadows, blush, lippies are nothing special compared to SN. Why go for second best when I can have SN pots of eyeshadow!!!!
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:13 pm

Yes, I am addicted too. SN is so much better for my skin I can't help myself I want more. In fact I love the name of the new GWP so much I must order. Thank fully I have a lot in my wish list so I just keep adding a little at a time.
I started selling jewelry on etsy just to fund my paypal account. NowI buy without DH having any knowledge. I love it!!!!!
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:35 pm

I have rationalized my makeup addiction this way:

This particular addiction helps me to look and feel better. Most addictions cannot claim that power. Of all the addictions in the world, this one is fairly harmless, as long as I don't start spending rent/utilities/grocery money on it.

I also consider what I have spent on makeup in the past. My dollars go much further here, and my skin is happy. :D

My daughter keeps eyeing my lippies, and she is even cruising the site for the colors she likes. (SHE IS 8!!! :roll: ) If this is the way we bond, so be it, as long as she keeps talking to me as we roll into the tween years and beyond . . . 8-)
~Tracy~
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:10 pm

I saw actually just on Sephora's site looking at their kits and thought, "They want How much for 3 lipglosses?? And the colors are so boring. I'm just going to wait for Karen's Valentine's collection".

And now I'm back :)
lumi105

Post by lumi105 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:50 pm

OMG Karen I could kiss you! I am MADLY in love with silk naturals after my second order. I'm scared to say the foundie is my hg, I don't want to jinx me! I'm so jaded .lol I'm officially addicted and so happy to be! I hope Karen knows how amazingly talented and excellent she is! I'm so eager to spread the word! Silk naturals deserves all the exposure in the world. I can't say enough about how effective and wonderful all her products are! I won't be spending near anywhere what I used to spend on high end makeup. Silk naturals I LOVE U!