Valentine's Update!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Valentine's Update!

Post by karen » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:55 am

Good Morning! It's been quite a week!!! It's nice to see our site up and running today- quite the change from last week.

It's official- we're moving. The old shop has done well by us, but it was time to take a peek around to see if there were any other places for SN. We found a great place in the local Masonic Temple, and I'm signing the lease tomorrow. The new shop is slightly bigger, and it has lots of fantastic windows. It's also a neat old building, and I love the vibe in there. I'm not sure when we're actually moving but it will be sometime before April 1. We may have to close for a day or two while we move, but hopefully it will go smoothly. We'll keep you updated.

We're also changing our hosting company- and hopefully DH will do the change this weekend. I'd like to get the new server online before we release the new collection so hopefully it won't crash this time.

I'm hoping that we'll release the new items next week- it's looking like late Tuesday or Wednesday will most likely be the days.

I'm still not sure about the entire final list. I'm waiting for a few things to get here (mainly items that I need to clone from the *ahem* company). If you don't see an item that you requested in the new release- I'm sorry in advance. Whenever someone posts something to the wish list section I always consider it, and try to find a way to say yes. With new products, or new formulas there are a lot of variables that need to fall into place to get them just right. Sometimes things take a little longer than we'd like. I don't want to pump out a bunch of stuff just to be able to say 'there, I made it' and have it not be a great product. There's a lot of meticulous testing and formulating that goes on behind the scenes to make sure when we make something that it's right and done well.

February should be a really fun month at SN. I have so much stuff at the shop that most likely doesn't need to be moved to the new shop, so I'm planning on doing a smallish Valentine's release, and then as the month goes on we'll be having sort of a "factory outlet" sale.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Cupcake

Re: Valentine's Update!

Post by Cupcake » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:58 am

Congrats and big hugs for all the new and exciting things happening. You'll just go from strength to strength, milestone to milestone - and very well deserved, too. -x-
birgih05

Post by birgih05 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:11 am

Congratulations! Hope the move goes smoothly, and that the new place will be nice and inspiring! :)

I'm new to SN (have ordered three times already though), but I looove your products :) Very excited for new stuff!
serendipity

Post by serendipity » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:12 am

Wow, that all sounds so exciting for you! (and us too!!! :))
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:51 am

Congratulations, Karen! I hope the move goes smoothly and will be looking forward to the Valentines collection :)
nfig

Post by nfig » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:13 am

Congrats on the new shop! Sounds like exciting stuff coming up!
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:03 pm

oh wow congrats karen

can't wait for the new collection and I must admit the factory outlet sale - thats what caught my eye. :twisted:
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Good luck with your move and thanks for the updates!!
Phyrra

Post by Phyrra » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Gratz for the move!

Looking forward to the new Valentine collection too ;)
Phyrra.net
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:41 pm

Ghost wrote:oh wow congrats karen

can't wait for the new collection and I must admit the factory outlet sale - thats what caught my eye. :twisted:
I also noticed the words "factory outlet sale" right away.

I won't be disappointed with the new collection. I always find something I need and many "want" items. I was not a big fan of the "other company" so I did not request anything on my wish list. My wish list is still quite long...sigh..most likely be longer.