What are we missing?

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
karen
Site Admin

Re: What are we missing?

Post by karen » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:10 pm

Products with SPF are technically OTC drugs, and we'd have to go through the process to be drug manufacturers, and pay for insanely expensive insurance on top of it all. I'm happy just making cosmetics.

I just caught that 3 years ago someone was asking for hydrating mineral veil...I actually scored the ingredients to make that, and did! Powdered water was neat, but honestly it just wasn't all that- it just looked kind of ashy and weird on skin.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:14 pm

I hope you will consider a more gentle cream eyeshadow. The one you have now has too much alcohol in it and irritates my sensitive eyes. EVen if you could do one or two neutral colors like vanilla or taupe.A creamy cream eye shadow.It doesn't have to be so permanent like the one you have now. ALso I would love to see a frosted pink ALG for valentines day.Less blue in it like full house which I do love by the way.And more ALG's in general.A coral valentine red would be great with just a pinch more red in it then Jolt which I also love. How about a return to the old formula of the liquid lipgloss.A romantic Pink would be nice. Can't beat that original taste.Getting back to the eye shadow. Maybe an all purpose shadow stick kind of like Cliniques touch base in a couple neutral tones. GENTLE above all else like your fabulous cream eyeliners.A matte and a frost would be great.Thanks for considering all our wishes. I love your makeup more than anyone elses!
JeiaMoore

Post by JeiaMoore » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:47 pm

I'd really love some cool non-shimmery Black Label lippies, pleeease! I have so many lippies but Devil's Food Cake, and Smooth and Full (along with Seedy in the Kisser Slickers due to the color) are the only lip products I've ever used up completely :shock: .

I love how moist and smooth the Black Label lippies make my lips feel, every other lippy (even the other Silk Naturals ones, despite how much I love the colors :oops: ) seem to make my lips feel slightly dry after the product has worn off.

Unfortunately Aria and Rhapsody are too warm to look good on me, and Symphony and Concerto have too much shimmer :( . I'd love a cool sheer pink, plum or red (in a similar vein to Damsel, Berry Nice, Soft, or Seedy in the Kisser Slickers).

Here's hopeing! :D
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:50 am

I'm a big fan of the ALG formula so I would love to see some more neutral-y colors. Or just ALGs in general. I love them!

I also would really love to see more matte eyeshadows! It'd be really neat if there was a way to sort by warm or cool tones.
Titus

Post by Titus » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:44 am

Nars All About Eve. My most perfect eyeshadow ever -- nothing else looks anywhere near as good and I really can't find dupes anywhere.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:06 am

Titus wrote:Nars All About Eve. My most perfect eyeshadow ever -- nothing else looks anywhere near as good and I really can't find dupes anywhere.
I would be all over that one! The first thing I thought of was Mojave (my all-time fav SN ES), but that one has more pink in it. The duo idea is cool too: helps with the pairing and the shimmer one can be used as highlight.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:55 am

The deeper color in All About Eve is darn near identical to Frisk- although Frisk has a tiny bit more shimmer. It's also super close to Goddess.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
etoilee16

Post by etoilee16 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:57 pm

Lip balm with zinc and/or titanium dioxide pretty please? I didn't read through the whole thread so it may have been already asked about and replied to, but in case it hasn't come up yet and there aren't reasons for this not to be created - it would be so great if it were! I know claims of spf can't be made here, but seeing as there is zinc powder would be so nice for there to be zinc lip balm too. Which also might be used around the eyes so there'd be no flavor option... There are tons of lip balms on the market claiming sun protection while it's rarely even sufficient, and consists of crappy chemicals, sometimes with avobenzone, but often not even that. I only use natural lip balms and can only take physical sun blockers in both skin and lip care and it's so hard to find. One good one I used was Kiss My Face Pineapple Coconut spf 15, but even that seems to be discontinued, while they kept all the ones with insufficient spf; don't get this kind of thinking, getting rid of the only really great effective product and keeping useless junk.

Anyway, SN lip balms are amazing, and zinc/td addition would make them gold to me (and I'm sure not just me). Please Karen, hope you consider making such :) Maybe tinted balms, with and without zinc/td too...
nhabpirate

Post by nhabpirate » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:47 am

I love SN sleep in a jar in extra light peach and have been loving it as a highlight. The formula is PERFECT, but I would love a more yellow-toned one (and a bigger jar!) in addition to the peach (which is great for under the eyes) for a "lit from within" look for the rest of the face... I'm thinking about how Kim Kardashian highlights... Please! Karen, you're a genius--please help me complete my perfect face collection :)
nhabpirate

Post by nhabpirate » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:33 pm

i love SN sleep in a jar in extra light peach for under eye and have been using it as a face highlight. i would love to see the same formula (the formula is perfect!) in a light yellow for a "lit from within" face highlight that is matte no shimmer ala kim kardashian. karen, you're a genius--please help me perfect my perfect face!