What are we missing?

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
egerandi

Re: What are we missing?

Post by egerandi » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Liner sealer gets my vote, and it lasts forever! Granted, I was using it almost exclusively as brow wax, but I have just had to order a new container of it after 2.5 years of daily use.

The mixing medium is a good idea too, and I read it on this forum a while ago that some ladies are using the clear lippie as wax, because they prefer a bit of sheen to the matte finish of the liner sealer. Hope one of those will work out for you!
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:17 pm

kitten1711 wrote:
randonneur wrote:I'd be interested in a brow wax/gel product - especially if it had some of the nourishing/growth-promoting properties of your lash serum.
Jen is right - the clear cream liner makes a great brow setting product; if you prefer something more liquid the mixing medium it 'wetter' but really sets well so if you've got either (or both) it's definitely worth giving them a try :)
I use the clear cream liner to set my brows too. I didn't care for it as a liner, but I love it for my brows. I have had mine for at least a year, maybe even two or three??? but it's still half-full and it's getting to the point where I'm kind of like... hmmm... is this even sanitary anymore?... but there's still plenty of product left. Goes a long way and def. does the job.
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Sorry if I'm repeating a request, but this is too long a thread for me to go back through, and I haven't been keeping up with it regularly, but I'd love to see a larger selection of non-shimmery lip colors. I personally like the stick glosses, but beggers can't be choosers :lol: I just find myself thinking a lot of the shimmery glosses are so pretty but I don't want to wear shimmery colors every day, so as of right now I only have one gloss stick and a bunch of samples.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
Pomi

Post by Pomi » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:53 am

THIS.
http://www.temptalia.com/mac-venomous-v ... more-25149
We need a clone of the Wicked Ways lipglass.
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:48 pm

Pomi wrote:THIS.
As well as a clone of Innocence, Beware.

:D
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:02 am

Pomi wrote:THIS.
Oh, yes, please!
extemter

magic liquid cooling powder for the face

Post by extemter » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Karen, would you be willing to sell a "magic liquid cooling powder"? Please allow me to explain. It's a loose powder that feels like liquid when applied to skin (like a light mist*) and then dries to a powder finish. It supposedly contains 70% water. If you don't seal the container tightly, the water does eventually evaporate and the cooling effect is lost. Unless the water adds some surface hydration, I doubt that it provides any skincare benefits, but it would be so fun to play with the powder-to-liquid-to-powder effect. (*Suggested ad copy: refreshing, enlivening, etc.)

MAC's upcoming Venomous Villains collection (launching September 30, online as early as September 27) contains two Magically Cool Liquid Powders, but the technology has been around for at least 8 years, as evidenced by the discontinued Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder (makeupalley reviews here and here) and Physicians Formula Aqua Powder Cooling Loose Powder (makeupalley reviews here and here). I hope that Karen might be able to source this ingredient because I suspect that the technology was developed by a third-party company and not in-house by a cosmetics giant. Although MAC and Prescriptives are both Estée Lauder brands, Physicians Formula is not, so I doubt the technology is exclusive to Estée Lauder.

Customers either seem to love or or hate this "magic liquid cooling powder". Some appreciate its dewy effect and how it sets mineral makeup -- akin to spritzing your face with a liquid after foundation application. Others dislike how it can clump up during application or look too powdery once it's dry on the face. I haven't experienced the product myself, so I'm unable to give my opinion.

I completely understand if Karen is unable to meet the minimum order requirement** or if she's unwilling to stock such a gimmicky product, but I thought I'd request it anyway!

(**For example, I know that the diamond powder used in finishing powders has an order minimum that's usually cost-prohibitive for individual indie MMU companies.)

------------

Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder ingredients: Water purified, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, polymethylsilsesquioxane, dimethicone, sodium hyaluronate, siloxane, silica silylate, sodium polyacrylate, quaternium-15, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

Physicians Formula Aqua Powder ingredients: WATER, TALC, GLYCERIN, SILICA SILYLATE, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, SILICA, DIMETHICONE, METHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, NYLON-12, ZINC MYRISTATE, ZINC OXIDE, LAUROYL LYSINE, IRON OXIDES, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:58 am

Not sure if this is possible but could there be a Clear Cream Eyeliner that imparts no base colour but instead, it's infused full of a highlighting shimmer (or pearl)? Initially I thought a clear liner packed full of a sparkle like Intergalactic / Planetary but if lining around the inner eye corner, fallout from a sparkle might irritate so a pearl might be better. Not fussy about the colour of sparkle, just wanting a little something to add a delicate touch of "ta daah!" without stretching to a more obvious coloured base. Thanks.
quinibug

Post by quinibug » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:59 pm

ChristineLynnP wrote:..... I'd love to see a larger selection of non-shimmery lip colors....
Yes, more non-shimmery lip colors please. I'd especially like to request a clone of NYX megashine lipgloss in Natural.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:38 am

Still on the cream eyeliner theme, can we have a lighter, softer taupe-brown (hint of shimmer or pearl would be nice) specifically for us fair / blonde folks please. I used Ft Knox as an under-eye liner and it looked awesome but the colour is a little dressy for work / daytime. Normal liner colours add too much darkness under my eye, but a mid-depth shimmer adds a little definition with looking dark. Dark is fine above the eye but not always below the eye. A cream eyeliner in a shade like Mink eyeshadow, or ahem Idolize ( a girl can dream...) would be insanely useful. Thank you.

p.s. a bright copper, in the style of Chestnut, would be a stunning autumnal cream eyeliner. Muted metallic style would help wearability. 8-)