What are we missing?

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
karen
Site Admin

What are we missing?

Post by karen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:49 pm

So...yeah. It's been an interesting few weeks. I got an email from someone today asking me to dupe some products from another mineral company. I never ever commit to dupes because there are some I can nail, and others I can't so it's always a surprise- even to me! I know we have a lot of new "refugees" and you're die-hards for certain products.

At last count we have 425 products, but still, there's things that are missing from our line. I've already started doing some things for the Valentine's collection because there were things I was working on for the Holiday collection and just ran out of time. I'm usually a bit slower with things than I'd like...I'm just fussy about the stuff we put out there, and projects take as long as they take- and usually it's a long time. So, I'm making good on some other requests for the Valentine's release, but do like a good project to sink my teeth into.

I know we have gaps in the line, and I stay tuned to this section of the forum pretty closely and do at least ponder just about every request that comes our way. Sometimes we can pull things off, sometimes it's a project that has to wait a little while...occasionally I've had to wait for technology and available materials to catch-up with some of the wacky ideas I've had.

So, my lovely refugees, let's put your product requests in this thread. Paint me pictures with your words...describe what we're missing, what you need, why you need it (like for a date night, or to wear to the office etc), and we'll go from there. Let's try to keep the tone of the thread positive and hopeful...it should be fun! I'm excited.

Welcome!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
feyith

Re: What are we missing?

Post by feyith » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:00 pm

Hi Karen,

First of all, I think you're doing an amazing job!!! :D Pretty much anything and everything that was on my wish list has been added or is being worked on. :mrgreen:

Probably the only thing I still use that is not an SN product is the cornstarch-based anti-shine dusts.

I'm not sure about the other ladies here but I found the texture of SN's foundations to be a little bit harsh looking; it emphasized my imperfections instead of covering them up and I had to add some glow to it. I'm gonna give the glow foundation a try but the problem is both are shiny and so are the finishing powders? So some kind of mattifying finishing powder and my collection would be complete. All of my makeup will be officially switched over to SN. ;)

Edit: and maybe some stand-alone sparkles for the gals who want "this product but sparklier"?
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:10 pm

Karen, thank you for asking *us* what our wishes and wants are. I can think of no other MMU company that asks for client feedback the way you do, if at all. And at the risk of sounding like a broken record I would love it if you added some more cream blushes to your collection. Loverly is one of my go-to blushes. Piggybacking on the cream blush request is a brilliant idea that one of the other members here (was it Cupcake?) brought up and that is an untinted cream base that we could add our own mineral blush to. If you did one of both of those things I would think I was in heaven!! I'm realizing that I'm using more and more cream/emollilent based bluses because my dry skin is getting drier and drier as we head into the harshest winter months. I am a full time SAHM so I don't need anything for work and dh and I rarely get out by ourselves, but I do like to put on the day to day basics when I am running errands or volunteering at school.
Stay warm,
Ruby
jade

Post by jade » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:01 pm

I was wondering if you could do a nail and cuticle treatment oil/cream/etc. :D You make excellent skincare and body products, and this is the one thing that I need! My cuticles are horrible, and the only thing that works on me now is full of chemicals and is discontinued, so its unlikely I'm ever going to find a new pot when it runs out. So please make one! (and a plus if it isn't greasy and staining! ;) )
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:16 pm

Thanks for the reminder Ruby! Yes...I'm thinking that Valentine's is going to be a collection of all things pink and girly. I haven't forgotten about the blush base- I made a fresh batch just before Christmas, and honestly didn't love it with our regular blushes. I didn't try it with the glows- they'd probably work better, but it was just sort of a "meh".

I'm happy to gumball it because I do think it's a fantastic idea- but it wasn't turning out the way I'd hoped. I'm thinking that I'll most likely play with some pre-made colors because once a pigment gets wet it's an entirely different animal.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:40 pm

feyith wrote:So some kind of mattifying finishing powder and my collection would be complete.
Have you tried Blur? There is tinted, and untinted, with or without oil control.

As for what's missing, I had a request for rose color blushes: I (and some other ladies) would love to see some more cool ones.
Here is the thread:
http://www.silknaturals.com/forum/viewt ... ilit=flirt

I think at one point you were working on glosses too? And yes, I would love to see the cream blush base (please bring Loverly back, I can't find mine :( )
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Ah, can't wait for the Valentine's Day collection now! I never used to be a "girly" type, but w/two little girls who love all things pink and lavendar I'm getting sucked into it big time! Thanks, Karen :)
Ruby
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:49 pm

A couple of things that I would like to see are:

A fuller, longer-handled Fiber Optic brush. I love using my *insert other company's name here* foptic for primer and finisher application, because it gives such a light, perfect dusting, but kabuki and ft brushers apply it too heavily for my liking. I do have your current fiber optic brush, and it's great for blush, but is too small to really cut it for primer/finisher application.

Some sort of balm/butter for moisturizing, like the hands and elbows. The kind I have in mind use hydrogenated vegeable oil as a base, and while the thought of that takes some getting used to for most people, if formulated properly and applied to damp skin, it's wonderfully soothing and healing. I use it for my hands, elbows, knees, feet, etc... I especially breeze through this stuff now that it's colder out.

I guess that that's really all I can think of at the moment.

Thanks so much for taking this into consideration. I think it's wonderful that you even asked. I know a lot of us "refugees," myself included, feel right at home already.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:09 pm

jade wrote:I was wondering if you could do a nail and cuticle treatment oil/cream/etc. :D You make excellent skincare and body products, and this is the one thing that I need! My cuticles are horrible, and the only thing that works on me now is full of chemicals and is discontinued, so its unlikely I'm ever going to find a new pot when it runs out. So please make one! (and a plus if it isn't greasy and staining! ;) )

2nd this. Especially if the nail treatment can smell "pretty".
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:11 pm

I would like to see a fluffy powder brush to use with finishing powders.

I buy *other company's* fibre optic blush brush as it has a larger head. I do use SN but like having a larger one also.