jumbo size for masks

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
zeebs

jumbo size for masks

Post by zeebs » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:46 am

Is there any way I can buy a bigger bag - like a jumbo bag - of mask powder? I use them very frequently and those little baggies don't last very long. I'd like to buy a jar or something like that... in either the Pumpkin or the Banana masks. Or both.
freesilk

Re: jumbo size for masks

Post by freesilk » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Ooooh! Great idea! I'd love jars of the masks to be available. They could come with little scoops! I know the shipping would be a little more, but the convenience would be worth the extra cost to me.
Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. - Belva Davis
clivia

Post by clivia » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:37 pm

I'd definitely buy a big size if I could. I prefer bigger bags. Easier and cheaper to ship and more eco-friendly.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:57 pm

Wonderful idea! We keep making them and making them, and we're getting so caught up in making them that the bright, and very obvious idea to put them in BIGGER bags didn't occur to me.

How often do you use masks? The thing with bigger packaging is that any of the ones with the honey or yogurt have to be kept air-tight or they turn all weird and chunky/sticky. Zip locks seem to do the trick just fine, and are cheaper to ship, but how big should we make them?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:08 pm

I vote for 4x the size they are currently..... ;)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
missyjo919

Post by missyjo919 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:12 pm

JenW wrote:I vote for 4x the size they are currently..... ;)
I'm with JenW. I think that is a good size for multiple use but not so large to worry about any of it sitting around too long and getting lumpy from ambient moisture.
clivia

Post by clivia » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:18 pm

karen wrote: Zip locks seem to do the trick just fine, and are cheaper to ship, but how big should we make them?
I don't know anything about sizes but enough for 6-8 applications maybe?

I actually tried my first mask today, Green Goddess, and I loved they way my skin felt like afterwards. Smooth and almost poreless, and it's perfectly matte. I just wish I'd tried it sooner so I could have bought some as a Christmas gift to my younger brother. He would really benefit from a mask like this. Maybe I should call it Green Giant or something that has a more manly ring to it ;)
chaye

Post by chaye » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Yes to bigger bags. I have been placing orders for masks with every order that I make with SN. My fav is Green Goddess (love the smell).
karen wrote: How often do you use masks? The thing with bigger packaging is that any of the ones with the honey or yogurt have to be kept air-tight or they turn all weird and chunky/sticky. Zip locks seem to do the trick just fine, and are cheaper to ship, but how big should we make them?
I live in Singapore (humid, humid), and true enough the Pineapple Banana one turned lumpy. To dry it out, just pop it in the refrigerator for a few days then the lumps can be smashed back into powder. Good as new! Now I store mine in the refrigerator.

I'm with JenW on preferred size (3-4x mini bags) or they can be sold in 3-pack bundles (with a slight discount. hehehe).
Lover of Tempt Tryst
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:45 am

Yeah, I think 4x the current size would be fine. I would just order a few at a time. I use them every other day. Bigger baggies are fine with me though maybe you could offer them in jars OR refill baggies like you do the foundation powders. I think it'd be nice to have a choice.
SweetBecka

Post by SweetBecka » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 am

Is this going to happen soon? If not I think I need to order about 8 green goddess masks. I could see using this about once a week. That would tie me over for about a couple months. Hmmmm if it came in bigger quantities I'd order enough for 6 months since I don't think any of the ingredients in that one expire or anything.