To Vegan or Not to Vegan...that's the question?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
AnneShirley

To Vegan or Not to Vegan...that's the question?

Post by AnneShirley » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:34 am

For those of you who have tried both foundation formulations, can you do a comparison and tell me why you prefer one over the other? Does the Vegan formulation last longer?
SweetBecka

Re: To Vegan or Not to Vegan...that's the question?

Post by SweetBecka » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:01 am

I'm debating this question right now myself. I'm afraid it's going to be an individual preference thing and I can't decide. Depending on your skin type. I have heard of some women getting silk powder and putting it in their foundation from other companies because they like it so much. I've also heard someone say how they like the vegan formula much better. I think I may like the original better because I get so oily. Not sure yet they are both good.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:58 am

So far I have tried for one day each the medium, heavy, and vegan. I didn't notice a difference in oil control or how long they lasted. I did put an old everyday minerals silk powder over the top so that would skew the results a bit. They all seemed to do well for me. I think I am going to order the heavy because silk works fine for me and I can use less of the heavy to get the amount of coverage I want.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:15 am

I got the heavy in the silk mix and it was very dry looking on me. :( I'm also still working on the color. I have ebony and it may be to light and a tad to pink. I use a cool/beige color for my foundation. Should I try the Vegan ? Any help here ladies? TIA :)
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!
chaye

Post by chaye » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:23 am

4wheel wrote:I got the heavy in the silk mix and it was very dry looking on me. :( I'm also still working on the color. I have ebony and it may be to light and a tad to pink. I use a cool/beige color for my foundation. Should I try the Vegan ? Any help here ladies? TIA :)
I add perfecting powder (tempt tryst) to my Heavy foundation mix. Did you order a foundation sample kit? If you did, the kit includes a small jar of perfecting powder. No harm trying it out. As for color match, Jen will be the best person to help out.
Last edited by chaye on Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lover of Tempt Tryst
kgvns

Post by kgvns » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:26 am

I have the medium, heavy, and vegan formulas. Yesterday I wore the vegan and I really like it. It seems like it's comparable to EDM's matte formula. I do like the silk formula though too. I can't decide which I like better..Sorry, I'm no help! LOL!
AnneShirley

Post by AnneShirley » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Colleen wrote:So far I have tried for one day each the medium, heavy, and vegan. I didn't notice a difference in oil control or how long they lasted. I did put an old everyday minerals silk powder over the top so that would skew the results a bit. They all seemed to do well for me. I think I am going to order the heavy because silk works fine for me and I can use less of the heavy to get the amount of coverage I want.
Does the heavy formula feel too much on your face? I use EDM in intensive, so I want at least the same coverage.

Can a mod jump in and give us some input? Much appreciated ;)
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:30 pm

If you like EDM Intensive, I'd go with medium coverage in SN. You could always try a sample of the heavy, but I think that would be too much if you're looking for about the same as EDM Intensive.
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:42 pm

AnneShirley-
Since I am not familiar with Intensive (was an OG or semimatte in my EM days), I would sample them both. Samples of white foundations are around a buck.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:01 pm

I was using intensive with edm. I felt the medium I had to do too many layers to get the coverage I wanted. To me heavy seems a bit lighter than edm intensive. I used 2 layers of the intensive and 3 layers of the heavy. They are very light layers. Even though I am using an extra layer of the heavy formula it looks like less makeup on my face. I really like it. I would give both a try though you never know which you might prefer. I also think it looks a bit too matte so I am going to try adding a bit of the glow foundation. I still need to order that. This is the first time I have thought something was too matte since my skin is a bit oily.