I'm amazed...

Come in and hang-out with the girls! All off topic posts go here.
ChristineLynnP

I'm amazed...

Post by ChristineLynnP » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:08 pm

I'm a newbie to this forum, but was old news at EDM's forum, so the EDM forum members who have found their way over here probably know about my long, tiresome struggle with acne. I seriously wouldn't wish what I'd gone through on my worse enemy. Well, after hitting my personal breaking point in March '08 and my rock bottom in terms of skin in Sept. '08, I've come a looooooooooong way.

Saturday was the first day I was confident enough to go all day without make-up.

I continued this trend Sunday and today.

Eric developed a nasty tooth infection Friday and has been on an antibiobitics and a painkiller ever since. So, needless to say, he hasn't been Mr. Observant lately, but he's finally starting to be able to back off the pain killers and getting back to his old self. Just a few minutes ago, after being around me all evening, he looked closely at my face and said "You know, I just noticed something. You're not wearing make-up, are you? I couldn't tell."

Words cannot express how happy that made me!

:D
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
lov2read68

Re: I'm amazed...

Post by lov2read68 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:10 pm

That's great news Christine!
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:14 pm

Victory over acne is a big deal and you've come a long way. Having been around for a while, too, I know that you've borne more on your young shoulders than most and that in coping, you've grown in resilience, courage and grace. Speaking for myself and a history of severe illness, what goes on inside often shows on the outside and our skin is a 'barometer' of our internal condition. For myself, circumstantial stress caused acne and unstable skin more than anything I can isolate. From reading your posts, you've grown in confidence and it's no wonder that that is beginning to show on the outside, too. You're a beautiful person on the inside, so no wonder the outsides are catching up and showing this, too ;) *hug*
EtherealJane

Post by EtherealJane » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Yay, Christine! I'm so happy for you! What a great confidence booster! :D And kudos to you for going without makeup!
lambchop

Post by lambchop » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Wohoo Christine :D! I'm glad for you.
Ann
AgnesONutter

Post by AgnesONutter » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:39 am

That is probably the best praise one can get after struggling and struggling for years, and such a boost to confidence! Congrats, and I'm crossing my fingers that your skin will keep this clear. :)
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:17 pm

Add me to the list of SO happy for your progress -- it's awesome to hear:) Hope Eric's feeling better -- tooth pain sucks; but not as bad as acne ;) ;)
gerber daisy 2.1

Post by gerber daisy 2.1 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:44 pm

Congrats on your "happy" skin Christine! :D
ChristineLynnP

Post by ChristineLynnP » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks, guys :D I still have lingering redness, but it's a big improvement.

I've also noticed that my skin looks much smoother without EDM. I think i'll probably always be acne-prone, but EDM magnified every little bump and flaw somehow and I look smoother without it. That seems very weird to me, but I'd rather people see the redness/pigmentation I still have than to think I had all the craters and bumps I seemed to have but that no one can see when I don't wear EDM. Am I the only on who had that problem? I think Sangus had mentioned a similar issue, but I'm not sure.
Check us out on etsy: www.titanweave.etsy.com
stefami

Post by stefami » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:57 am

ChristineLynnP wrote:Thanks, guys :D I still have lingering redness, but it's a big improvement.

I've also noticed that my skin looks much smoother without EDM. I think i'll probably always be acne-prone, but EDM magnified every little bump and flaw somehow and I look smoother without it. That seems very weird to me, but I'd rather people see the redness/pigmentation I still have than to think I had all the craters and bumps I seemed to have but that no one can see when I don't wear EDM. Am I the only on who had that problem? I think Sangus had mentioned a similar issue, but I'm not sure.
I have to agree about EDM here, so I don't think that you are the only one with the issues. I used to have decently clear skin before trying EDM. I would get zits, but just one or two in random places. Now I have bumps on my cheeks, and my pores seem more noticeable with EDM on them. My cheeks have never looked so icky before, and even my hubby noticed it. I used to use drugstore foundation before, and never had too much trouble with acne, but I could never find a decent match because my skintone was more yellow, and most brands just looked too pink or orange on me. My EDM match is better, but not flawless, so now I will be trying SN and then other brands till I find something I love, but if the bumps on the cheeks don't go away, I might just give up MMU and go find other department store liquid brands that may match me better.