I'll play along....

karen
Site Admin

I'll play along....

Post by karen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:27 pm

So, I guess you could say that I'm pretty much set for SN stuff- but I'm always looking to add to the duping stash.

I don't dupe indie products unless they''re no longer available but I'm happy to trade for just about anything else. BE, MAC, foundation samples of pretty much any brand etc (EDM girls...cough, hint). I'm offering up pretty much any SN stuff of about equal value- with a special bounty offered for DC MAC products- I'll pay eBay collector prices in sN store credit for certain things- especially the MSF's- Shimpagne would be lovely. I'll ship anywhere- padded mailer, fresh from the factory.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
lwoodall10

Re: I'll play along....

Post by lwoodall10 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Karen,

I have some eyeshadows from MAC and Urban Decay I am willing to swap if you are interested.

MAC:
Gleam - Peachy Pink with Gold Shimmer
Olive Groove - I think this was a Limited Edition maybe. It is in a gold colored case.
Trax - Subtle Purple with Gold Fleck

Urbay Decay:
Sin - Champagne
Mildew - Shimmery Mettalic Green
Cherry - Frosted Pink with Silver Shimmer
Maui Wowie - Golden Beige with gold micro-glitter (would love this with shimmer instea of glitter :D )
YDK - Bronzed Mocha with golden shimmer
MIdnight Cowboy - Beige with Silver Glitter (would love this with shimmer instea of glitter :D)
Twice Baked - Dark Rich Brown Shimmer
Crash - Eggplant with Copper Sparkles (Really pretty)
Chopper - Shimmering Fawn with Sparkles

Also, I have a Benefit Lippie in Bahama Mama - Sheer Bronzed Raspberry color. I got this in a kit from Benefit and love, love, love and of course they discontinued it. I would love it if you could dupe this. If you want any of the above I will just a sample of what I have left of Bahama Mama and maybe (crosses fingers) you will dupe this for me.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:06 am

Great idea :) The only big brand thing I own is this Chanel quad in Vanites 08, discontinued last year. These are pan-baked creams and they've gone a little hard - they were never easy textures to use, so if they could be duped, it would be well worth it. They're hard to photograph to capture the full appearance of the colours, especially the palest one. If you'd like a crack at duping it, Karen, just say the word and I'll get it mailed to you.

clivia

Post by clivia » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:45 am

The thought of parting from Shimpagne made my stomach hurt so I think I'll have hold on to it. But I do have some other MSF's that I kept for the collection even if they don't really show up or match my skintone. I have Porcelain Pink and Light Flush, both very lightly used, maybe 2-3 times each. I also might be able to part from Shooting Star, Warmed and Glissade <3. But I think I'll have to get used to the idea. Since two of them are one the bronzy side maybe they're not what your looking for anyway. Nevertheless they are beautiful and definitely worth duping. I also have Tippy, a beauty powder blush that came out with Hello Kitty for MAC. It's a gorgeous pink with amazing glow, but way to cold on my skin. Used 1-2.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Karen - is MAC's Shimpagne discontinued? You can get it in this kit: http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/s ... =PROD97694
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:30 am

Hi!! I have a full sized (or sample sized) EDM Pearl Beige. (There is a rumor going that you might think about duping it) since it is now discountinued...or rather, the formula has been changed and it is nothing like it used to be so it is a discontined product!!

But since there is already a rumor going around maybe you already have a sample of this?
I also have samples of the EDM Pearl Sunshine, a nice bright colour with the pearly texture, i use it as a highligher since it doesnt give much colour but just seems to brighten quite nicely.

hmm...I guess that's it!

ETA: Oh, i also have a sample of an EDM discontinued blush that I know loads of girls are searching for, it's called Chit Chat. Even I have tried to find a replacement (becuase my FS one is half gone) and to no avail. Is it definietly one of the most missed blushes!!...I know there'd be loads of happy ladies around if this one was duped (p.s. this blush was discontinued because the required mica was no longer available...not sure what that means in terms of being able to dupe though...)

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
tierra

Post by tierra » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:28 pm

la_canadiense(01) wrote:
ETA: Oh, i also have a sample of an EDM discontinued blush that I know loads of girls are searching for, it's called Chit Chat. Even I have tried to find a replacement (becuase my FS one is half gone) and to no avail. Is it definietly one of the most missed blushes!!...I know there'd be loads of happy ladies around if this one was duped (p.s. this blush was discontinued because the required mica was no longer available...not sure what that means in terms of being able to dupe though...)
I have been ordering SN stuff for awhile (love the lippies!) but have mostly been using EDM, however, like so many I am beginning to migrate here. Just starting with posting but wanted to second this ... Karen, if you could dupe EDMs Chit Chat that would be AMAZING!!! :o
I have lots of other EDM stuff that doesnt work for me, so if you are interested say the word!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:10 am

Oooh this is really fun! Yes, Shimpagne is a re-release this year for holiday- I saw it when I was in NYC, but didn't grab it, and am kicking myself a little bit for it. It was really pretty- just the MUA at Barney's rubbed me the wrong way, so I may order one online just to make sure it's in the stash.

I'm PM'ing the rest of you in the next couple of days (tomorrow I'm mixing colors like a crazy woman) because I'm really really interested. If anyone has Chit Chat I'll take a stab at it.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
la_canadiense(01)

Post by la_canadiense(01) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:58 am

karen wrote:Oooh this is really fun! Yes, Shimpagne is a re-release this year for holiday- I saw it when I was in NYC, but didn't grab it, and am kicking myself a little bit for it. It was really pretty- just the MUA at Barney's rubbed me the wrong way, so I may order one online just to make sure it's in the stash.

I'm PM'ing the rest of you in the next couple of days (tomorrow I'm mixing colors like a crazy woman) because I'm really really interested. If anyone has Chit Chat I'll take a stab at it.
This is so much fun!!! I can't wait to see what you create!
I can send a sample of Chit Chat...would that be enough? I imagine you need to do loads of swatching with any dupes you make to see how they are looking next to the original...let me know. There are a few other EDM girls who also still have some Chit Chat (there were some people on ebay that were recently selling some...although it is a bit suspicious since Chit Chat has been discontinued for a few years now...) but either way I am sure we can get enough to you. If a sample is all you need than I am happy to oblige since I am sure you'll be able to get a great dupe of it, so I can just get a full size of that when it is ready! and I think I will order like 5 FSs of it. Although it is super pigmented, and I mean like more than forbidden I think, I still have gone through it relatively fast considering I only use it for special occasions!
yeah!!!

Was EDM Buff Perfect. Currently, 1:8 Original Ivory, Warm Gold. !!! Loving SN :)
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:07 am

Just a thought, but I inherited a 10g sized jar of the legendary EDM's 3rd Place. If ever a colour was in demand, it's that one.

It's a bit like EDM's Diary in that it's got a bad grey sludgy dusty base colour and the shimmer quickly gets lost if it's used dry, but if it's used with a dampened brush, it completely transforms into a sensational deep greyed indigo blue -purple with a veil of pink shimmer very like the shimmer in Pout lippy. It's got the same pink shimmer as Diary, so I'll put that in beside it for reference as it doesn't show through so much on these photos. If you could clone how it looks used wet, I'd happily send you some :) (No-one would want the appearance of it applied 'dry' cloned :o ).

Ooh and if discontinued colours are fair game (?) their Raspberry Sherbet blush is a sultry ashes of roses colour that makes a timeless eyeshadow. That would be a delight to have duped.

Okay - photos. These are lousy, can't get good light here today but I hope it's a starting idea. Does no justice to Raspberry Sherbet at all - the whispy lilac tones are completely lost from it.

This one is 3rd Place, best as I could get it.

Last edited by Cupcake on Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.