Green Combinations?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
lwoodall10

Green Combinations?

Post by lwoodall10 » Sat May 24, 2008 10:18 am

Hi,

My name is Susan, and I am new to the board and fairly to new ot Silk Naturals. Although I have purchased quite a haul of Karen's blushes and eye shadows and I love them all!!! Mixing foundations scares me...I may have to work my way up to that...However, I am looking for a nice Green combination, but for some reasons the greens have always scared me a bit. I usally tend fall for the neutrals browns and earth tones, or the plums and wanted to try something different. To give a little skintone info...I am half Korean. The typical Black hair and brown eyes. I have been told that I am everything warm/neutral/even cool. I have never quite figured that out. I tend to think neutral as I see pink undertones as well as yellow. Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ;)
~*mikie*~

Re: Green Combinations?

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Sat May 24, 2008 12:38 pm

bjSIHwE7TeDA+VQz7MWuHdtDfR2ss8H40060.jpg
bjSIHwE7TeDA+VQz7MWuHdtDfR2ss8H40060.jpg (9.34 KiB) Viewed 3679 times
Hi, Susan! It just so happens I'm wearing greens today, ROFL! *And* plums! And corals,LOL! My SN blend is a ratio of 2 base: 1 ebony + 1:1 base/warm gold. I adjust it all the time. Blush today is Lovelace (NARS Deep Throat clone), lippie is Capricious. Love Lure+DateBait as finishers & a touch of Siren Mineral Glow over the Lovelace. Truffle used to fill in brows. Morel as e/s base, lash to brow. On eyes: Sea Grass on lids, Brimstone on outer half & heavier in the < >. Moss (dupe from chanel's Garden Part collection) as wide dryline, Bewitched wet-smooshed into lashes. Used High Beam above pupils & on browbone. Everything blended beautifully!
mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun May 25, 2008 2:19 pm

Welcome, Susan!

If you are apprehensive about greens, you could always start with the more neutral greens like Caperberry for a liner, and Gator Gold (which is Gold with a green hue). I had to get into greens slowly myself and started with liner colors. I love Emerald, Moss, and Caperberry for liners. The most green eye I have done is Caperberry liner, Grassroots on the outer lid and Gator Gold as my inner lid and crease color. However, I really like Teal Appeal or Sea Grass (my new favorite green!) on the outer lid with more neutrals for my other colors, like Teeny Bikini and Vanilla. I think the secret is to blend the area well where they meet.

Mikie is a pro at making great combinations that are much more interesting than my 'safe' ones. I wish I had her fearless way with combining colors, but I will get there one day! Blending is the key. You would be amazed at what you could pull off! ;)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sun May 25, 2008 2:57 pm

Pixie is a lovely green, either foiled or on its own. Top it off with Vanilla or Whipped Cream as a highlighter for a nice look - it will not be OTT at all, I promise!
lwoodall10

Post by lwoodall10 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:04 pm

Thanks for all the responses ladies!! I think I will take the plunge and try a few of the greens...I don't think I am daring enough to try Mikie's combo, although it sounds nice. I think I will go have start out slow, possibly pixie and caperberry. :) I am off to check out the different options.

Thanks again.
Susan
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Wed May 28, 2008 3:21 pm

Hi Iwoodall10

Welcome to the site

I've only been wearing make up now for 9 months or less, so this combo is very simple and flattering.

Highlight - whipped cream (this from crease line to brow bone)
lid - charmmed (all over lower lid)
Crease and liner - grassroot green

I also wear this combo if I want a little pick-me-up
have fun
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.