Foundation Recipes :-)

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
JenW

Re: Foundation Recipes :-)

Post by JenW » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:19 am

Sirvinya wrote:I'm feeling brave so here are some pictures of me without anything on my skin. I've just ordered the foundation sample set so I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a recipe? I've always thought I had pink undertones but they seem to have settled into beige now that I'm getting a little older.
I am leaning Ebony...probably about 1:8 or 9.....

And you look just lovely! I have to admit, you do have a way with eyeshadow, though!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Sirvinya

Post by Sirvinya » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:25 pm

JenW wrote:I am leaning Ebony...probably about 1:8 or 9.....

And you look just lovely! I have to admit, you do have a way with eyeshadow, though!
nellislica

Post by nellislica » Sat May 14, 2011 9:16 am

Hi I'm an Asian with nc22-25 skin, may I know roughly what would be a suitable recipe? Thanks!
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat May 14, 2011 9:50 am

nellislica wrote:Hi I'm an Asian with nc22-25 skin, may I know roughly what would be a suitable recipe? Thanks!
MAC numbers are kind of limiting as there are so many colors they leave out.....
Could be Buttery Gold, Warm Gold, or Olive, or some combo of them. Buttery Gold at about 1:8, Warm Gold at about 1:9, Olive at about 1:12. (One scoop color and the larger number is white) Without seeing a pic of you in daylight, that is about the best I can narrow it.
Faves-
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Thu May 19, 2011 12:04 am

I am trying to get a good match, but not doing to well. I don't have a good picture in natural light.

What DOES match me well is Meow's Frisky Korat in Pampered Puss formula.

How would one mix that?

I have a pretty close match with 13 scoops of white & one scoop of warm gold in the creamy foundation or 10 scoops of white & one scoop of buttery gold in the original formula, but it's not quite right. Something is missing and I can't figure out what.
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Thu May 19, 2011 1:29 am

Hoyden, IIRC, you should have similar skin to mine. The closest I have gotten is 1 scoop olive with 1/2 scoop of yellow booster and around 10-11 white

For me, the yellow booster really made a difference
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Hoyden

Post by Hoyden » Fri May 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Xarata wrote:Hoyden, IIRC, you should have similar skin to mine. The closest I have gotten is 1 scoop olive with 1/2 scoop of yellow booster and around 10-11 white

For me, the yellow booster really made a difference
Thanks! I wouldn't have tried Olive because I think Mediterranean skin when I think Olive and I am everything but with my English/Irish/Scot fair skin that burns if the sun peeps out even with SPF100. I refuse to leave the house in any season without sun screen because I just burn.

I found a dead on match to Frisky Korat with 10 Scoops of the All Purpose, 2 scoops of Original Light, a little less than 1 scoop of Olive and a sprinkle (a light tap of the bottom of the scoop in powder & tapping off into the mix) of buttery gold. (BTW - don't mix in a container smaller than the one that comes with the sample kit, it doesn't mix well and you'll find that the pigment doesn't mix as thoroughly as it should :oops: :oops: )

I dragged my two friends over who wear Frisky Korat and it's a dead on match.

They like the creamy foundation better too. Looks like we'll be placing a big order soon. LOL
With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate, and the wisdom to be humble.
Courage is the foundation of integrity. ~ Keshavan Nair
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri May 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Hoyden-
I saw that Sam had answered your questions better than I could have, and I did not really have anything else to add....

So happy you have a match!
Faves-
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:16 am

Hi all....I'm wanting to try some SN foundation but am lost as to a possible recipe. I wear the following in other companies....

AL 2YL
Meow Frisky/naughty abyssinian mix
BM Matte Golden light/medium mix

Those three are the best matches out of everything I've found, though I can wear some neutrals and olives as well. Those all have beige/golden yellow undertones. Any suggestions? TIA!
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat May 21, 2011 2:37 pm

rymorg2 wrote:Hi all....I'm wanting to try some SN foundation but am lost as to a possible recipe. I wear the following in other companies....

AL 2YL
Meow Frisky/naughty abyssinian mix
BM Matte Golden light/medium mix

Those three are the best matches out of everything I've found, though I can wear some neutrals and olives as well. Those all have beige/golden yellow undertones. Any suggestions? TIA!
Sorry about the issues with your post. We do moderate a few posts for new forum members to keep the spammers out.

I would start with Buttery Gold at 1 scoop color to about 7 or so white scoops.
Faves-