Foundation Recipes :-)

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
rymorg2

Re: Foundation Recipes :-)

Post by rymorg2 » Sat May 21, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi Jen, that's ok, thanks for letting me know! I'll definitely start there, thanks again!
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Fri May 27, 2011 5:36 pm

OK Opinions please.....

Since getting my order Weds. I've used my foundation twice. The Buttery Gold is perfect...(thanks Jen) but I'm having issues with matching only because my neck is darker than my face. Here are two pics with my mixes. The first one in the black/white striped shirt is yesterday. That was 1:5 buttery gold to medium coverage ivory. It's also my first entirely silk naturals (other than black eyeliner and mascara) face day! :D It looked pretty good inside, but outside was just a little darker on my face than my neck. So I went home and added another medium coverage ivory scoop for a 1:6 ratio. That's todays, in the gray shirt. My second all Silk Naturals except for black liner and mascara day! It's closer, but not quite there.

I was thinking of adding 1/2 scoop more of the buttery gold to the mix for a 1.5:6 ratio. Not sure though. Any suggestions? I want to keep things as simple as I can so that I can replicate it! TIA! Thia
Attachments
52711lkc.jpg
52711lkc.jpg (201.35 KiB) Viewed 34096 times
52611lka.jpg
52611lka.jpg (200.16 KiB) Viewed 34096 times
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri May 27, 2011 7:12 pm

rymorg2 wrote:OK Opinions please.....

Since getting my order Weds. I've used my foundation twice. The Buttery Gold is perfect...(thanks Jen) but I'm having issues with matching only because my neck is darker than my face. Here are two pics with my mixes. The first one in the black/white striped shirt is yesterday. That was 1:5 buttery gold to medium coverage ivory. It's also my first entirely silk naturals (other than black eyeliner and mascara) face day! :D It looked pretty good inside, but outside was just a little darker on my face than my neck. So I went home and added another medium coverage ivory scoop for a 1:6 ratio. That's todays, in the gray shirt. My second all Silk Naturals except for black liner and mascara day! It's closer, but not quite there.

I was thinking of adding 1/2 scoop more of the buttery gold to the mix for a 1.5:6 ratio. Not sure though. Any suggestions? I want to keep things as simple as I can so that I can replicate it! TIA! Thia
I think the second one looks really good...the gray shirt. I don't think it is too light at all.

By adding the half scoop, you will actually make it darker than it was the first day. The final ratio of what you are planning to mix (the 1.5:6) simplifies out to be 1:4. If you think it needs to be somewhere between the two days, you are looking for a 1:5.5 ratio or in whole scoops that is 2:11.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Fri May 27, 2011 7:38 pm

That makes sense Jen, but on a second look at the pics, I think you're right and my current mix is fine. Keep it simple, right? Thanks for your help! :D
ohiomom0503

Post by ohiomom0503 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:10 pm

I've been wanting to try Silk Naturals, but have no idea what color base I would be.
I currently wear the following colors...
Signature Minerals 2.0
Lumiere Luminess Light Golden
J.Lynn Ivory Golden 1.5 or Ivory/Light Golden 1.9

The Signature Minerals looks best on me, the description says for yellow undertones with a hint of peach.

Any suggestions for colors?
Thanks
JenW

Post by JenW » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:16 pm

ohiomom0503 wrote:I've been wanting to try Silk Naturals, but have no idea what color base I would be.
I currently wear the following colors...
Signature Minerals 2.0
Lumiere Luminess Light Golden
J.Lynn Ivory Golden 1.5 or Ivory/Light Golden 1.9

The Signature Minerals looks best on me, the description says for yellow undertones with a hint of peach.

Any suggestions for colors?
Thanks
Try Buttery Gold about 1 scoop color to 8 or 9 scoops white.
Faves-
hgchild

Post by hgchild » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:26 pm

Hello! I just wanted to add my foundation recipe so far. I have used BE Fairly Light and L'oreal Bare Naturale in Light Ivory. JenW is terrific. Her rec's were spot on!!! She recommended anywhere from 1:12-14 for my ratio... So far, I have made up a couple of recipes that work for my skin based on the intro kit. and a sample of medium ivory...

1 Olive: 1/4 scoop Warm Gold: 2 glow :10 Original Ivory (Favorite so far) :)

1 Warm Gold: 2 glow: 10 Original Ivory ( Adds a little warmth to my face)

1 Olive: 1 glow: 10 Medium Ivory (For extra coverage)
*DOMINIQUE*
~~~~~~~~~~~
"Reach for the moon, at the very least, you will land amongst the stars"
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:20 am

I've finally convinced her this is the best option. My 14 year old daughter has both olive and yellow tones. Any ideas?

SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 am

royalgoddessbeth-
Try Buttery Gold first. I think 1:7 will be close. If it is too yellow, go Olive about 1:11.
Faves-
royalgoddessbeth

Post by royalgoddessbeth » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:10 am

I hope the Buttery Gold works. That's my shade. But I have to say, she's cooler toned than I am and unfortunately, she has a resistance towards anything pink. But I did her original mix with Olive and added yellow booster and it is not quite yellow enough in sunlight. I did her face with Bronze Beauty and Roxie yesterday and so I gave them both to her, as they are not items I frequently use. She liked them so much I ordered another stain and some brow cream for her, as I am blonde and she needs the dark brown.
SN addict par excellence!
Favorite Blushes: Foxxy, Climax, Cider and Jamie
Favorite Lipstick: Negligee
Primer/Foundation/Finishing Powder: I'm a mad scientist!

I would join a 12 step program for my SN addiction, but 12 steps are for quitters!