Foundation Recipes :-)

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
mgmsrk

Re: Foundation Recipes :-)

Post by mgmsrk » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:00 pm

1 bag white (original) with 1 scoop of ebony and 1 of warm gold.

Sometimes when my freckles fade in the winter I have to cut down to 1/2 scoop each.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
Adelina

Post by Adelina » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:36 pm

I received my first SN order several days ago and started to mix the foundtion right away. I found that my perfect match is - 8 scoops white+1 scoop ebony+1 scoop olive. It is absolutely my skin tone! The foundation sits nicely, it hasn't changed a bit even after gym, and the color remained the same during the day. The skin looks flawless. Hands down - this is the best foundation I've had! Will definitely buy again and again.
My ex-best matches were Joppa Fair Linnen for winter and Joppa Prairie Wheet for summer.
pauliina

Post by pauliina » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:37 am

I'm new to Silk Naturals foundation.
My previous mineral foundation has been Everyday Mineral's Semi-Matte, Beige neutral.

Does anyone happen to have a recipe to make a match to this foundation shadewise?

Another question is about mixing glow to the foundation. After finding perfect recipe is the glow add-on element or should it be used to replace a spoonfull of the ivory base?
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:13 pm

pauliina wrote:I'm new to Silk Naturals foundation.
My previous mineral foundation has been Everyday Mineral's Semi-Matte, Beige neutral.

Does anyone happen to have a recipe to make a match to this foundation shadewise?

Another question is about mixing glow to the foundation. After finding perfect recipe is the glow add-on element or should it be used to replace a spoonfull of the ivory base?
I think Beige is somewhere between Ebony and Olive in tone. My experience with the company you mentioned is many years ago, so I can't be super precise.

For Glow, you replace a white scoop in your recipe for a scoop of Glow depending on how sheeny you want it. I was a semimatte user eons ago, and I only replace a few out of about 14 total scoops.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
makeupgeek

Post by makeupgeek » Mon May 26, 2014 9:03 pm

I'm very fair, typical rosy Celtic complexion (but sans freckles). My recipe is 1 ebony: 16 ivory (I'm currently using heavy coverage) or 6 ebony: an entire bag of ivory. I added an extra sprinkle of ebony now that it's summer, but that's the basic ratio. I also just added in some of the vitaboost. I'm excited to see how it works!

PS: I really like the heavy coverage. I was afraid it would be heavy or cakey, but that is not the case. I have very good skin, but the extra rosiness of it is very hard to get rid of or cover. The hc does a good job. Not perfect, but good, and I like the finish- very natural (though sometimes I add some glow over the top).
new2pgh

Post by new2pgh » Tue May 27, 2014 2:32 pm

After a 3 year hiatus, I'm back to SN and I didn't know how much I missed it until I had my new order in my hands!

I was a NC20-25 in MAC, depending on season. I'd probably be a NC25 right now. I use 6 scoops of ivory, 1 scoop of warm gold, and 1 scoop of zinc oxide finishing powder (in hopes of boosting my spf a bit).
pipari

Post by pipari » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:39 am

I have made a batch of app. 1 Ebony: 11 All Purpose plus a less than a quarter scoop of Green corrector. It is closest to my colour I have done ever. I'm more red than yellow and especially red on my face which trying to neutralize to match throat and neck. I think I'm between neutral-cool. Now what colour is meant for neutral tones if Ebony is for cool tones?
How will it affect if I add some Untinted Blur for my foundation mix? I like the finish of All Purpose but sometimes gently sweep over with Untinted Blur.
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:23 pm

pipari-

Ebony is more on the cool side of neutral. To get truly cool shades, you need a little pink booster. Olive color base is just on the warm side of neutral.

I am guessing you are just neutral.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
pipari

Post by pipari » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Thank you Jen. I noticed I have to use 1 Ebony:12 All Purpose plus smidge of green to make it more towards neutral. I don't dare to mix any Olive on it if it'll take the wrong way..The green has to be shaken very very carefully. I'm surprised how much cover this base offers by using large dense kabuki! I haven't tried this wet or mixed with moisturiser yet because of little intro sample bag, have to buy bigger for experimenting☺
Sadly no silk, but this doesn't tighten or dry already dry skin.
pipari

Post by pipari » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:38 am

Hi again! Could you please advise me how to make All Purpose base equal to HD Cream Foundation Neutral 20-30?