Kiss Bliss Lippies

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Xarata

Kiss Bliss Lippies

Post by Xarata » Mon May 19, 2008 10:22 pm

So... in my head I was totally thinking these were going to be like the satin glosses (breathless, skinny dip, berry crush) so if anyone else was thinking this let me tell you now that they are not!

While I love the satin glosses, the kiss bliss demi-glosses are a blend on their own- like a lip kwenchers lip stick: soft, smooth, ultra-moisturizing (basically everything I have always wanted a lipstick to be but almost never find- i think i own one traditional one like this and it's a slim tube moisturizing lipgloss from clinique). I just got grace, capricious, and tickled pink and they're all on the warm side (and very PINK. lol) and I have XOXO, swept away, and kiss and tell in the mail. It's a FANTASTIC formula. I think the demi-glosses and the satin glosses are my fav.s!
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
~*mikie*~

Re: Kiss Bliss Lippies

Post by ~*mikie*~ » Tue May 20, 2008 4:33 am

Oh, dear. I'm in trouble,lol. Am in total agreement as to my favorite formula up until now. Ordered Capricious, Grace, & Fearless yesterday, figuring those 3 are the most apt to work with my coloring. Will be stalking the mailbox a few days from now, hehe.

mikie
Live! Love! Laugh! They'll wonder what we're up to!
~*mikie*~

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
(click daily ~ it's free! Click animal rescue there,too!)
we can make THE difference! :-)
Ann

Post by Ann » Tue May 20, 2008 8:00 am

*drools mindlessly* my order was just shipped. i can't wait. well.. since i'm crazy enough to order 7 out of 9.. i think i'll have no regrets. gotta get my mum to try them! she's a clinique lippy fan.. but complains they aren't pigmented enough.. i guess this is going to be her solution!
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue May 20, 2008 9:50 am

Lipstick lovers beware! These have great texture and are definitely like a moisturizing lipstick. All of the colors I have seen are lovely. Even though I am typically a matte and neutralish lipstick kind of girl, I find that I am more drawn to the sparkley bright ones (Tickled Pink, XOXO, and Capricious. Capricious is a total surprise for me, but I love it!) I also really like the Mesmerizing and Grace colors (can one have five favorites out of nine?) And I can easily see either Divine or Swept Away with a very dramatic eye. The only one I am not sure for me personally is 'Fearless', but I know there are those of you out there who will love it! :)
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Tue May 20, 2008 3:59 pm

Even though I shouldn't have ordered them, I can't wait - Tickled Pink, Grace, XOXO, and Mesmerised are on the way. I'd have bought the lot except Diva, but I couldn't really afford any - and ended up getting four.
lovelyloey

Post by lovelyloey » Wed May 21, 2008 10:08 am

I ordered and received XOXO and Fearless!
I'm going to try them tomorrow and so far, swatching them on my arm, I can say it has wonderful texture.
And am I the only one who thinks Fearless is a dupe of MAC Lustering lipstick? :oops:
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed May 21, 2008 11:01 am

lovelyloey wrote:I ordered and received XOXO and Fearless!
I'm going to try them tomorrow and so far, swatching them on my arm, I can say it has wonderful texture.
And am I the only one who thinks Fearless is a dupe of MAC Lustering lipstick? :oops:
Welcome to the forum, lovelyloey!
Let us know what you think once you have tried them!
Faves-
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Wed May 21, 2008 5:03 pm

If Capricious looks the same way as it does in the swatch you did, Jen, I'm feeling another lipstick order coming on today!

I admit it, I'm weak. I think I need all of them except Divine :) That one I *know* would be way too warm for me.
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed May 21, 2008 5:29 pm

Surprisingly, I really like that one. It isn't my normal neutral for sure, but it is very summery.

For those that missed the swatch pic: I did this pic as a reference for someone on MMM. I had colors that she owned and could compare to ones she wanted. (BTW, I will do requests like this on occasion! It only takes me a few minutes when I have time. This one happened today because there were no swatches out there in cyberland different than the ones on the website. She was looking at Grace.)
Faves-
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed May 21, 2008 9:32 pm

That one was inspired by a color I saw someone wearing in NYC- I knew that it wouldn't be something that everyone could wear- but I just had to make it. There's a good chance it's close to Lustering- I don't own that one, but because there really are only a handfull of pigment suppliers- there is some overlap in lines. I bought the Shimmering Dunes Chanel pallete- brought it back to clone it, and one of the colors was Chocolate Twinkle, and the other was very close to Vanilla. It happens to me quite a bit actually. I went to dupe a Bobbi Brown color and it was the same as a MAC shade, Bobbi Brown's Slopes is the same as Mary Kay's Suede- that's frustrating some days- especially when I've shelled out $20 each for them.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten