Basics for Skincare/Post Your Routine!

Licketysplit

Re: Basics for Skincare/Post Your Routine!

Post by Licketysplit » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:35 pm

This is what works for my oily, sensitive skin. Having a minimal skincare routine has help to cut down on a lot of redness.

Morning: Splash face with water

Nite:

1. Cleanse: Apricot Cleansing oil (luv this!) on my nose to get rid of blackheads, followed by Spectro jel with Clarisonic
2. Tone: I don't tone
3. Treat: The Face Shop sheet mask once a week
4. Seal: Spectro Jel moisturiser
5. Sunblock!: Oops, I don't use sunblock
packgal

Post by packgal » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:31 am

this is an old thread but I like bumping it every once in a while because it is great basic skincare info as far as what order to apply your products in and to see what others are using :)
moonshyne

Post by moonshyne » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:53 pm

AM

Cleanse using Aveeno Skin Brightening scrub and my Olay Pro X cleansing brush. (a little gadget I've fallen in love with and at 30 bucks, a steal compared to Clarisonic)

Apply Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating serum (Can't wait to try the Awesome Sauce serum samples I just ordered though :)

I then follow that with Olay Pro X Eye Restoration Cream

Then I put on MU and done.

PM

Until recently this was my routine

Cleanse using Aveeno skin brightening scrub and Olay brush. (I'm going to try using a non-exfoliating cleanser for awhile to give my skin a break..think over exfoliating has backfired on me! I'm researching cleansers here and hope to decide on one for my sensitive combo skin. )

Use either Neostrata glycolic acid Level 3 smoothing lotion or Roc Multi Correxion Retinol Serum. I would alternate the two every night. Again, I'm backing off exfoliating so much so I'll probably just use them twice a week. Hoping to find something here that will help me treat the lines around my eyes, few minor wrinkles and annoying big pores! Any suggestions would be great!

After that I moisturize with neostrata anti aging fruit stem cell gel or Olay wrinkle revolution complex moisturizer. I'm hoping to find a good moisturizer here. The Neostrata stem cell gel is overpriced and really hasn't delivered and the Olay wrinkle revolution complex is just ok. I'd say my products I wouldn't want to be without are the Olay Eye restoration complex and the Olay Daily Regenerating serum. But apart from those, I'm hoping to add the awesome sauce and find a good moisturizer here.

At 37, I have sensitive combo skin that can be very testy. I can't even wear sunscreen without getting an itchy, bumpy rash ugh. Not good when sun protection is so important for preventing wrinkles. All summer my skin looked great when I started the glycolic acid/retinol routine. I think that using them so much (daily) over-exfoliated my skin and suddenly my pores and wrinkles looked so much more pronounced! For now I'm backing off and only using the glycolic acid/retinol maybe twice a wk and need to find something to cleanse with here. (my beloved Aveeno skin brightening scrub is also very exfoliating) it stinks because most cleansers break me out but this one doesn't..but it's just too much for daily use. Hoping to find a gentle cleanser here to use.

Sorry for the looong post, I'm in the midst of trying to do a skin care overhaul lol. Any product suggestions/advice would be appreciated. I might even try the oil cleansing method seeing how many people have had success with it but I'd still like a gentle regular cleanser to use. I'd also like to find a moisturizer here that will work to hydrate my skin and not break me out. I'm rely looong forward to getting my awesome sauce sample, sounds like great stuff!