Basics for Skincare/Post Your Routine!

karen
Site Admin

Re: Basics for Skincare/Post Your Routine!

Post by karen » Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:43 pm

It's a back to back issue...I've done BHA with the super serum, but I've used AHA for so long, that I don't even feel that either anymore. What happens is when the niacinamide in the super serum comes into contact with something with a pH below 5 it converts to niacin which causes flushing. It's nothing catastrophic, but your face will turn beet red. It goes away after a few hours. On me, after about 30 minutes of having the BHA I was able to do the super serum with no issues.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:50 pm

Thanks Karen! I appreciate the extra information, especially since you are on vacation!
Trainer

Post by Trainer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:23 pm

JenW wrote:I am so glad everyone is posting here. It will definitely help the ones looking for skincare tips.

I thought I would also post the 'routine' for my Daughter who is 11 1/2. (I put routine in quotes because she is not quite to the point where she does this every morning and night, but it is a good age to start emphasizing good skincare.) She is just beginning to show signs of teenage skin. She has a few blemishes here and there, and she has very sensitive skin and is prone to eczema.

Morning and Night:
1. Cleanse with KISS Cleanser(a foamer bottle 1/3 full of cleanser and the rest water; I do the same with mine.)
2. Tone with Strawberry Spritz (I really hope everyone likes this. I had the opportunity to use it twice before she took my tester!!)
3. Green Tea & Aloe Serum
4. No moisturizer, yet, but I am giving her Hemp Moisturizer as soon as I get my hands on some!
Hi Jen,
My daughter is 12 as well and I am trying to find all natural products for her to use. I've been using kiss cleanser and green tea serum. I was thinking about having her use them and I wonder how your daughter is doing with them? Is the green tea serum "gentle" enough for young skin? How do you think it helps her? I love them for myself but I'm 42! My daughter is just starting to get teenage skin too on her forehead. What does the strawberry spritz do? She loves things that smell good, so I think she will like it.
Thanks!
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:06 pm

Trainer wrote:Hi Jen,
My daughter is 12 as well and I am trying to find all natural products for her to use. I've been using kiss cleanser and green tea serum. I was thinking about having her use them and I wonder how your daughter is doing with them? Is the green tea serum "gentle" enough for young skin? How do you think it helps her? I love them for myself but I'm 42! My daughter is just starting to get teenage skin too on her forehead. What does the strawberry spritz do? She loves things that smell good, so I think she will like it.
Thanks!
She is doing fine with it, when she remembers...of course. I like the Green Tea and Aloe Serum because it does have some properties to help acne and there are antioxidants (which I think are good for preventing damage from the beginning). Oat serum might also be good for sensitive young skin. I am also hoping to add in the Hemp Moisturizer for her. The Strawberry Spritz is mostly for hydrating the skin, and I think it makes the routine fun for her.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
packgal

Post by packgal » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:50 pm

bumping up the thread for the new forum members who are getting into SN skincare...
chaye

Post by chaye » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:12 am

packgal wrote:
bad things happen when i used the super serum with acids without thinking. (redness and burning galore). i would recommend avoiding it...
I used aspirin mask after super serum (I forgot about putting on the mask after cleansing) and it stung. My face felt like this :oops: literally. I tried to hold it out, but the sting got worse the longer I left the aspirin on. My skin still burned even after washing the mask off. In desperation, I used some alcohol to neutralize the acid and the burning sensation went away. I will always remember that serums with acid is bad for the skin.
Lover of Tempt Tryst
BlowFarAway

Post by BlowFarAway » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:10 am

I am a nerd and made a chart so I have a nice, weekly schedule to look at.
Attachments
SkinCareRegime.JPG
SkinCareRegime.JPG (102.95 KiB) Viewed 4578 times
Don't be so humble, you are not that great. -Golda Meir
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Okay! After getting some really awesome help from you ladies, I now have a winter skincare routine that's working great! Apparently now I can add Keratosis Pilaris (sp?) to my list of skin conditions (which already includes mild eczema, acne prone, sensitive, and dry - tried OCM which worked great for a few weeks, then resulted in massively clogged pores)

DAILY
jojoba oil (use as makeup remover)
Wash 2x with Dr. Bronner's soap from Karen's foaming dispenser
BHA toner
Vitamin C serum (found that the oatmeal wasn't working for winter)
Hemp moisturizer

EVERY OTHER DAY - one or more of the following:
microdermabrasion cream
hydrogen peroxide (use like toner - great for acne)
mask (using Origins charcoal mask but soon will switch to Karen's)
Casy8

Post by Casy8 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:20 am

Morning: Kiss Foaming Cleanser, holy crow on eye, rose serum, bb cream with sunscreen, SN makeup
*i love the new lipbalm

Night: Apricot Cleansing Oil or Kiss Foaming Cleanser, super serum, holy crow on eye, eye lash gel

my skin had great improvement after using SN skincare, pore become smaller, less break out, oil more balance on the T-zone
(i m going to try the sample of Ultimate Luxury Treatment Powder too, hehe)

SN cosmetics, i love it sooo much especially the foundation, my skin look flawless & glow. the natural ingredients make my skin really really nice, no pimple & acne after make up, wont clog the pore...hohohooo

price is very reasonable with great quality of goods & CS

I think i will stick on SN forever~~ :mrgreen:
<3 SN
thank you Karen and all the staff in SN
BlowFarAway

Post by BlowFarAway » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:28 am

Updated to reflect what I found has actually worked the best for me.
Attachments
Routine.JPG
Routine.JPG (123.86 KiB) Viewed 4470 times
Don't be so humble, you are not that great. -Golda Meir