Basics for Skincare/Post Your Routine!

Shirin

Re: Basics for Skincare/Post Your Routine!

Post by Shirin » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:57 am

At the moment I am using a 100% natural soap with Dead Sea minerals which cleanses so deeply taht it even exfoliates, and it ahs moisture in it too. It is great for a deep cleanse and efoliation and the salt does miracle, smoothes the skin and so. But I haven't been using it anymore because afetr a few applications it was drying my skin. I guess a simpler foamer liek kiss cleanser is the way to go for a daily wash rather than that soap, might be too strong? I will try Kiss cleanser now. also have at the moment a vegan cleanser with its toner, whih ahs plant extracts for mixed skin but somehow my skin doesn't like that suff at all. It really is difficult to find a good cleanser it seems.

At the moment the area around my mouth is all dry and flakey, i use moisturizer lots but doesn't really help for long. :(
Vroni

Post by Vroni » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:28 am

I tried my way through my samples now. I did my normal routine and changed the moisturizer every 5 days.
1) Apricot Cleansing Oil
2) If exfoliation then I used Lush Angels On Bare Skin or Neutrogena
3) still trying to find a toner that doesn´t make me break out
4) serum: evening: Aloe+Green Tea or Oatmeal
morning: Super Serum

5) moisturizer
My favs so far:
Raspberry
Jojoba
Intensive (OMG this one really suprised me, it took a few day,s but now it works like a charm)
Firming

I hope we get the Intersive and Firming in fullsizes, too.
new2pgh

Post by new2pgh » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:50 am

Skin Type - mid-20s, normal to dry skin, sensative/breakout prone when my skin gets stressed

Morning Routine:

1. Wash - currently using a green tea/shea cleanser
2. Tone - Pore Minimizing Toner
3. Hydrate - still using up the last ounce of a Cranberry HA, then will switch to super serum
4. Seal - usually just pat a drop or two of camellia oil on top plus an eye cream, but currently sampling the red raspberry, jojoba, and hemp moisturizers. Too soon to give feedback :)

PM:
1. Wash - oil cleanser. Once a week, I use a lemongrass scrub
2. Tone - Hydrosol mist
3. Hydrate - Vitamin C Peptide serum (OMG! THis has made the BIGGEST difference in my skin! My face is completely clear and is GLOWING. MUST.BUY.FULL.SIZE)
4. Seal - Moisturizing cream and eye cream

2-3 Times per week I exfoliate in the PM. Once a week is mandelic acid (apply to a dry face after step 1, wait 15 minutes, then continue with routine). The second/thrid time I'm experimenting with AHA and BHA. My skin looks GREAT right now, but when I first tried the AHA and BHA samples I was alternating them every night, and my skin flipped out like you wouldn't believe...oops! However, alternating them every 3 nights or so seems to work great for me! I'm using them the same way as my mandelic - applied to a dry face after washing my makeup off, waiting a bit, then continuing.
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:01 pm

freesilk wrote:I'm 27 with occasional break-outs (usually around that time of the month) and classically confused skin (usually dubbed combination skin).

Morning:
1. BHA Toner
2. Super Serum

3. Hemp Moisturizer
4. Holy Crow on smile lines
5. Apply all make up except perfecting powder and/or glow
6. Sheer Zinc powder on face, neck, exposed chest skin
7. Perfecting powder and/or glow

Night:
1. KISS Cleanser
2. BHA Toner
3. Facelift Serum
4. Hemp Moisturizer
5. Holy Crow on smile lines

Occasional Night Time Pampering:

a.) Microdermabrasion cream between steps 2 & 3

or

b.) Banana Pineapple Smoothie mask
Steam face with a few drops of tea tree EO added
Green Goddess mask
Steam face again with a few drops of tea tree EO added
Extract blackheads, applying tea tree oil directly after extracting
Apply Pumpkin mask

or

c.) Oatmeal & Honey Mask between steps 2 & 3
Under the product description of Super Serum it says that it is incompatible with acids and it particularly mentions the AHA toner. I assumed that meant that it wouldn't work with the BHA either, but I saw that a couple ladies on here us the BHA with Super Serum. I'm confused. Is Super Serum okay to use with BHA? Are they just lucky that their face isn't going crazy? Are there any other products that I should keep away from the Super Serum?
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:08 pm

robinbird.....
It is always different for different people, but I would strongly recommend using Super Serum and Acids as Karen suggests.

If I use an AHA or BHA, I use a serum other than the Super Serum. I usually do my Super Serum during the day because I do the acids at night.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
packgal

Post by packgal » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:44 am

bad things happen when i used the super serum with acids without thinking. (redness and burning galore). i would recommend avoiding it...
JenW

Post by JenW » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:22 am

packgal wrote:bad things happen when i used the super serum with acids without thinking. (redness and burning galore). i would recommend avoiding it...
I agree. I always will recommend not using them together. Since we have the formulator of the products giving us a few rules for usage, it is best to do what she recommends.
Faves-
robinbird_22

Post by robinbird_22 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:08 pm

JenW wrote:
packgal wrote:bad things happen when i used the super serum with acids without thinking. (redness and burning galore). i would recommend avoiding it...
I agree. I always will recommend not using them together. Since we have the formulator of the products giving us a few rules for usage, it is best to do what she recommends.
Thanks for the responses. I will definitely avoid it!
sewwies

Post by sewwies » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:56 am

I didn't see the don't use it with acids bit! My skin seems to be very tolerant of BHA I've not had any trouble but I'll try using them at different times!
~~Sarah~~
JenW

Post by JenW » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:33 am

sewwies wrote:I didn't see the don't use it with acids bit! My skin seems to be very tolerant of BHA I've not had any trouble but I'll try using them at different times!
You are probably fine if you have not had a reaction, yet. You may just tolerate the acids well regardless of the combination of products. I know for me, my skin is even more tolerant one day than another. And I just chose what product to use that day based on how reactive my skin feels for the day. I would not worry about changing your routine, but it is good to have the information about the possible interacion of the two in case something does come up.
Faves-