New Moisturizers

rubycat95

New Moisturizers

Post by rubycat95 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:04 pm

I ordered samples of almost all of the new moisturizers and I have to say that I love the "gelled" approach. They sink in fast and don't leave an oily residue at all, like some others do. Right now my favorite is the intensive and I'm almost out of my sample size. Karen, any idea when you will be offering full sizes? Soon, I hope!!
Thanks,
Ruby :)
zeebs

Re: New Moisturizers

Post by zeebs » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:19 pm

I, too, love the gel moisturizer oils and I am campaigning for HEMP! Hemp, hemp, hemp, hemp, hemp. Loved it and used it up in like one day because first I tried it on the back of my hand and then I tried it on my face and then I had to put some on my neck and before I knew it, it was all gone. I want to buy more of it. ASAP.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:00 am

Hemp hemp hemp- along with Jojoba, Raspberry, and Emu are on the way!!! Fooey me I didn't make the firming or intensive- didn't get a lot of feedback on them until now...I suppose I should make some of them too. Those will have to wait a bit...I need more CoQ10- takes about a week to get here.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
JenW

Post by JenW » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:44 am

I love the Firiming......... But I like the others, too! ;) The gelled oils are just right. Not too greasy, and not too runny. Brilliant!
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:38 am

I haven't had a chance to try the Firming and Intensive yet - it was love at first application with the Jojoba Gelled Oil. You don't want to know what lengths I went to get eek out the last dregs from inside the bottle. :lol: I'm trying the hemp now. I find it a tiny bit heavier, is that right? I can't remember the info from the gumballs page and I'm not familiar with hemp oil generally.

The gelled oil texture is a revolution! If such a thing were possible, you could patent that as your own genius. The texture is exquisite and it out-performs regular jojoba by miles, staying matte but nourished for 5-6 hours without any makeup / oil absorbers, etc. I think it helps the jojoba spread out more thinly and evenly and be a more suitable application for what the skin needs. *love it* 8-)
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:31 pm

Excellent news, Karen! As always, thank you for your amazing products!!
curlychik

Post by curlychik » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:46 pm

Yay! I quite love the firming - just right for summer, so I can't wait for it to be available... ;)
Anne

Post by Anne » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:39 pm

I looooove the firming moisturizer...
And the super serum feels amazing, too.

Can't wait for full sizes of both!
packgal

Post by packgal » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:01 pm

i too love the idea of the gelled moisturizers, especially for summertime. they are so light but they really do moisturize well. so far i haven't found one that i love...the raspberry smell isn't for me, and i am really sensitive to something in the firming. if i put it on after using an acid (even after toner) my face turns red and burns something horrible! i was surprised because i have never reacted that negatively to any skin care. luckily when i rewash my face and put on the aloe serum, it felt better. i still have the jojoba and the emu to try out, and i'm sure one will work well as i like and have used both of those oils before.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:47 pm

They are on the site, ladies, the full-size moisturizers are loaded :) Wooooo!