Full size moisturizers

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Shirin

Full size moisturizers

Post by Shirin » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:34 am

When will full size moisturizers be available? :roll: I think i want to order a full size jojoba oil without sampling it, there can't be allergic problems with that one right?
mgmsrk

Re: Full size moisturizers

Post by mgmsrk » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:40 am

We can be allergic to anything, so it is a small risk to get the big one. My guess is that unless you have a seed or nut allergy you will probably be safe.

I use Jojoba oil as my daily moisturizer and love it.
"In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught." (Baba Dioum)

www.Maryah-CBPP.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:30 pm

I thought about doing it just like a regular product release- but the moisturizers are pretty different from a lot of products on the market, so I decided to start with gumballs. Personally I love them, but it seem better/more fun to do it this way. If people like them I'll whiz them on the site pretty quickly.

I'm debating about what a full size should be, and how it should be packaged. I'm thinking 1 ounce would be better, especially because a few of the oils don't have big shelf lives, but I can't decide between jars, and pump bottles. Jars would make it easier to mix things into them, but I like pumps.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:06 pm

I'd rather pay slightly more (proportionately, ml for ml) and buy more frequently to get fresh containers with smaller amounts. Plus, it makes a big difference for international shipping rates. Yes, it means wasting packaging, but that's the lesser of two problems for overseas customers. (If we were that bothered about the environment, we wouldn't be paying for our cosmetics and skincare to be sent out on an airplane halfway around the world burning fuels).

Plus it's less of a commitment and an easier impulse purchase to buy a smaller container of product than a larger, more expensive one. It could be an option to stock a small size and a jumbo 'enough for a lifetime' size, but I'd vote for smaller for the sake of practicalities.

(I love pumps - if anyone knows Liz Earle C&P, you'll know why!)
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:44 pm

I'd prefer 1oz pumps too, that way I can have a few and switch them up without breaking the bank :)
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Thank you! I was really torn between the jars and the pumps- mainly because of my wacky mixing in actives idea,but shaking vs. stirring really only makes a difference when you're mixing cocktails.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:24 pm

I much prefer smaller sizes. Just as some women are blush addicts or lip gloss addicts or eyeshadow addicts, I am a skincare product addict. This means I never, ever, ever use up a whole container of anything. Ever. No matter how small it is. (Okay, I take it back - I will be using up my BHA toner sample.)

And I don't know, pumps seem more sterile than jars.... :)
Anne

Post by Anne » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:15 am

I agree completely with everything Cupcake said, for the same reasons :)
I like pumps much much better.

And I do feel that 1oz is enough for a moisturizer...
rubycat95

Post by rubycat95 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:09 pm

I think 1 oz is a good size for the moisturizers too and count me in as someone who would much prefer a pump (and willing to pay more for it). They are much more sanitary-I don't like sticking my finger in a jar if I can help it.
pinkpomelo

Post by pinkpomelo » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:15 am

I vote for Pumps too. Better than double dipping into a jar. I can shake the contents up in pumps too. Its just a habit. I do a little shake shake then pump.
faithtoh.blogspot.com
Currently foundation formula: 1 Warm Gold + 1 Ebony + 5 Heavy Ivory
Oil Control Blur Finishing Powder
Pristine Perfecting Powder or Date Bait