Any good colours for Blue eyes and red hair?

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Ghost

Any good colours for Blue eyes and red hair?

Post by Ghost » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Hi Everyone

I was just wondering if anyone has any good colours for blue eyes (with red hair). I grew up as a tom-boy and have only starting wearing make up everyday (usually at the office) for 6 months now (and only because I discovered Silk Naturals heavenly foundation).

I know browns can really make blue eye pop (I've brought the stonewashed nudes pallet - fab by the way) but I was just wondering if anyone else has discovered any good colours :P

thanks
Foundation: 1: baggie 6: ebony: 7 glow
Fav blush: Steller
Fav Lippie: Symphony
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
JenW

Re: Any good colours for Blue eyes and red hair?

Post by JenW » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:09 pm

First, let me clarify that I am not a redhead. The other Mod. is and I am certain she will have great suggestions for you when she can get to the forum (it may be a bit.)

Still, with blue eyes plums and maybe even a dark blue for liner might do the trick. I think I would stay away from midtone and light blues. Greens might also complement your eyes quite nicely. Also, golden and peachy colors would contrast with your eyecolor and bring it out.

Have you looked at the colors Karen made to compliment the Stonewashed Nudes? It might be a good way to go and they would coordinate with those that you have very well.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:23 am

The other redhead whispers 'Idolize'. It is fantastic! I've got a good collection of purples and greens and those are great, too (I love purples and lavenders, they're a go-to for me for eye colour). Regular taupes will work, if you go for browns, go for the plummy or gold-tone ones more than straight brown - though the BB Neutrals are great, too. But Idolize really, really will make your eyes pop.
queenie50cat

Post by queenie50cat » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:23 am

Hi, I'm a dark redhead currently-I usually highlight to go lighter in the summer months. My eyes are hazel and I'm older in my 50's-I love greens and golden browns/coppers. I like the idea of purples but have a hard time getting them to look right on me-they using make my eyes look too dark or tired. I have idolize on order so I'm dying to try it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Janet.
Rhys

Post by Rhys » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:56 pm

You might like the Lavender - it's a very pretty colour, and it isn't over the top.

Also check out Pixie with Vanilla as a highlight. Taupetastic of course, Lurid is also a nice plummy taupe (and it's not as dark as it may look on your screen). For a one colour wash if you're cool-skinned then Cashmere is great, for warmer skin try Luxe. And the one that I think looks good on *everybody* - Fawn Pink on the lid, then Sandstone Shimmer as a browbone highlight, with either Moss or Mink as a liner/contrast colour.

I've found Mink and Chocolate Twinkle to be 'friendlier' liner colours for me than Truffle - not sure if that's red hair, skintone, or both. And Whisper is one of the greatest highlight colours ever invented - try it foiled if you're feeling adventurous, but even if not it's lovely.

The Bobbi Brown neutrals will look great on you, too. Even I like them, and that's rare for me and neutrals. But please - step out of your comfort zone a little bit and play - you might be surprised at what you find you love.
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:53 am

WOW WOW WOW

I got a lot of ideas here - your all amazing. thanks to everyone

I have just order a load of colours from silknaturals (not too mention the load I've brought already and not using them). I'm going to start experimenting immediately

Again thanks to everyone - please keep them coming
:lol:
Fav combo: cream 1st half of lid, 09:59 2nd half, chocolate twinkle in the crease with Blackheart over it blended out and vanillia on brow bone.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:51 pm

The other other kinda redhead says if you're going with Idolize try it with Sprite as a highlight color- awesome combo (it's good with Bare too). A word of warning though- the other other kinda redhead *loves* sparkly eye shadow.

Are you a golden redhead or a pinkie redhead?
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Ghost

Post by Ghost » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:49 am

Hi Karen

I'm a golden (warm) red head, but with pale cool (pink) under toned skin - and thats why colour co-ordinators can never get my season right :lol:

It's close to strawberry blonde but more red the blonde.

thanks for colour combo Karen ;) I'll try that for work tomorrow.