Freckles and acne scars?

This is the Silk Naturals suggestion box!
Post your color requests, and other wishes here.
DeathbyPancakes

Freckles and acne scars?

Post by DeathbyPancakes » Mon May 12, 2008 5:55 am

Anybody else feel insecure because of stubborn freckles and acne scars that just refuse to go away with age?
I'd wager that if anybody could find a way to get around them, it'd be Karen. :D
Perhaps a more heavy-duty foundation, or a special concealer? Unblush unfortunately fails to make any sort of difference on me. :(
Rhys

Re: Freckles and acne scars?

Post by Rhys » Mon May 12, 2008 10:21 am

Have you tried GoWs Renew Cream? It's made with Renovage, which has been shown to make discolouration and other signs of aging go away by about 60% - and even within the first month you notice it.

Note: It seems to work best on a bare face. I do like other GoW products, but layering stuff is sort of counter-productive with this one - it'll still make your skin soft, but the other effects happen more slowly. Bit pricey (around $40 for a jar that will last months), but it's the best 'cure' I can think of at the moment.

The new formula foundation may be heavier - I don't really know anything about it. But putting more makeup on top of flaws sometimes just makes them look worse.

And freckles aren't anything to hide - though I do understand wanting to get rid of scars.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Mon May 12, 2008 4:52 pm

Why is it that freckle girls are so self-loathing? I can't stand mine- but always think they look so youthful and cute on everyone else but me. As we age our skin lightens, and they'll naturally go away- so now I see them as a sign of youth. When was the last time you saw a 70 year old with freckles?

I got rid of mine quite by accident a while ago- it's a loosing battle. If you're a really freckle person- they come back within about 10 minutes of being outside- and that feels about 10 times worse than having freckles in the first place.

I hear you about the scars though. You need something to rebuild the collagen, and even-out the skin tone. I'm working on a few potions now...testing on them takes a while because we have to make sure they're very shelf-stable, and the only great way to do it is to set them aside for a few months.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
DeathbyPancakes

Post by DeathbyPancakes » Tue May 13, 2008 3:11 am

Thanks so much to both of you! :D And Rhys, I'll definitely check out the Renew Cream. I've been looking for a good skin-refresher for far too long, which can't be a good thing at my age. :lol: Thank you to Karen, too. I'll definitely be looking forward to those new "magic potions." ;)
Lorna

Post by Lorna » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi,

I have used bio oil for use on stretch marks to great effect and according to the blurb on the bottle it helps with scars, uneven skin tone, age spots and dry skin. It is available online from various sources depending on your location. Just google it and you should be able to find it. It costs around £6.00 for 60ml in the UK.

Hope that helps,

Lorna