Fall collection is up!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Die Marchen

Re: Fall collection is up!!!

Post by Die Marchen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 am

OMG!!!! Everything is Gorgeous!)) And I want everything)) But the thing is I'm still drooling on the Harry and Hawaii collections that are still on their way to me))) And when I get these new there'll be snow))) But... OMG))))

Little cooler: colors look great! And the new descriptions are just what I dreamed of! As a former sociologist that are never former I'm fond of scales, I think with them))) So if you add such scales to other descriptions some day... Karen you rule)))

Will you please add a winter collection in a week so I could get it in time? Or start sales for Far Far Away only? I'm kidding)))
This year we had incredible September)))Maybe we have good November too?)

OMG, I'm so impressed with this collection... we'll get used to miracles every month!!!
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:02 am

THANK YOU for Seedy. Very, very much indeed. :cry: (happy tears) 8-)
buscardelalma

Post by buscardelalma » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:24 am

Thank you Karen and CO. !!!<3 Rose

Brown lippie..here I come :D
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:34 am

Thank you for the lovely colors Karen. This is such perfect timing for me. (I hope this isn't too much of a downer for this thread.) I am going out of town for my sil's funeral it is tomorrow and we are leaving this afternoon. A little sn order will give me something to look forward to for next week. It is going to be a difficult weekend to get through.
JenW

Post by JenW » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:49 am

Big hugs to you, Colleen. I hope your time with family is full of remebrance of happier times and that your travels are safe.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
aud

Post by aud » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:59 am

Thank you, Karen, for Lola & Winter Rose :)

The ES are definitely gorgeous and a couple will be on my shopping list as well.
Current SN foundation mix: 4 Buttery Gold: 2 Yellow Boosters: 21 Medium Ivory: 8 Original Ivory: 3 Glow
Favourite SN lippies (currently): Darling, Barcelona (Gumball), Menage
Favourite SN blushers: Carnal, Satisfied
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks Jen.
Colleen

Post by Colleen » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:32 pm

I'm having trouble with the idea of the eye shadows being matte. I have never tried any sn matte shadows since I don't generally like matte shades. I might have to wait on some reviews of these.
Silverfern

Post by Silverfern » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:03 pm

I don't think they are matte. From Karen's blog:
"I'm calling the finish of these shadows Suede- for each of the colors I started with shimmery pigments, but they're blended together with a mattifying base, and then some interesting color effects added in. They're all loosely based around the color Earth which is a crowd favorite."

I have earth, earth isn't matte. It's hard to explain but the closest thing I'd compare it to is a shimmer. But not too shimmery. Whatever it is, it's Really pretty.
Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Colleen wrote:I'm having trouble with the idea of the eye shadows being matte. I have never tried any sn matte shadows since I don't generally like matte shades. I might have to wait on some reviews of these.
If I'm picking this up correctly, these are not exactly 'matte' but they are in the style of the (now legendary) "Earth" eyeshadow which debuted as a GWP and caused such a stir that people begged, pleaded and kissed Karen's boots until it was issued as a regular item. It's a boring, bog standard mid taupe brown.

Why the furore? Ah... there in lies the appeal - it has the most sublime, velvet-suede texture finish which also does amazingly flattering things to ageing eyelids. (The older you are, the more you appreciate it!) For the younger fans, it's got such a low-key, wearable but flattering texture that it elevates an ordinary colour into a colour which makes your eyes look fresher, brighter and more alive. It makes you look good, rather than making you look like you've got a colour making you look good. Make sense?

In the jar, it's so bland that you couldn't pick it out from a line up. Once applied, you'd never be without it. To have a collection in this style may not set the heart a'flutter with the fireworks of excitement you'd get from a multi-glittery extravaganza shimmer colour - ye know, the kind that you can't live without today and can't remember the name of next month - but these are the ones which will never go dusty and neglected in the stash.