Self Tanner??

zeebs

Re: Self Tanner??

Post by zeebs » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:32 pm

karen wrote:Well it sounds like I'd better get busy! Face & body safe sounds sorta like the way to go...but I have a question for the girls who already do use it on their face. When do you use it? Are you using it during the day like a moisturizer or are you putting it on at night and letting it work it's magic? I generally use it at night because it seems like if your face got darker during the day that your makeup would look strange at the end of it.

I'm thinking a very simple, light moisturizer formula- but with the self tanner stuff added. Normally on my face I like a few fancy actives, but it seems a bit extravagant to go putting something like Syn-coll on my legs.

I'll play around with some things and we'll go from there!
I prefer to use it at night. Then I can exfoliate in the morning to even it out if it's a little blotchy.
I would definitely prefer a light moisturizer. My skin doesn't do well with overly oily products - I can cleanse with oil but not moisturize with it regularly.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Just bumping this thread :) My legs are desperately white, and the time finally came to start wearing skirts and shorts (although the SoCal weather seems to have gotten stuck in mid-spring). Please please please?
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:28 am

I second your bump! I am about to run out of my face tanner and I'd love to try a sample of something from Karen...

Oh, and I tried the Bath & Body Works "glow and steady" tanner and it is AWFUL.
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:47 am

double bump. lol. i just dont get enough sun (and tanning is bad for skin anyway!) :)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Anne

Post by Anne » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:58 am

Bumping too!!!

As I thought Karen had an awful lot going on, I bought a bottle of self tanner and I soooo regret not waiting...
Shirin

Post by Shirin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:01 am

I don't think I will ever use a self tanner in my life. I have never been crazy about getting a tan, although some times I fancy a sunbathed tan. As i don't burn I think i shall prefer a sun tanned skin . I love the warm kiss of the sun on my legs, :D . Especilaly at the beach! Hopefully this summer we can go on holidays somewhere near the beach, looking at last minutes, and enjoy some lazy summer time as lovers, as later we will never be only two again, and God knows when teh next possible holidays will be. :lol:
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm now pale and desperate :/
My friend's wedding is on Saturday 8/1, and I'm just as pale as I was a few months back, except for a bit of a tan on my arms. I'm wearing a short strapless dress in dove grey (and other some other stripes of color), so I don't look too ghosty, but still...

I saw that Karen's on vacation, so there is 0 chance of that self tanner to come my way before the wedding, so I'm open for other suggestions. I would rather avoid the tanning booths and spray tan if possible. I was thinking about trying one of those gradual tanner moisturizers to build a bit of color in the next 5 days. I'm even thinking about mixing some of my Beach Bunny with my lotion, but worry that would come off too soon, and it would have to last the evening.

I need a light, even tan/glow both on legs and above chest and arms. Anyone has a suggestion? Tried and trusty drugstore brands are fine, I'm prepared to live with parabens for a week :)
zeebs

Post by zeebs » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:56 pm

http://www.amazon.com/s.html/ref=bl_sr_ ... ian%20Gold

This brand is the best. Designer Skin, Fake Bake are also good.

I recommend going to your local tanning salon and either doing a Mystic spray tan or buying one of these brands' bronzer products. You don't have to lay in the beds to get them to work if they have bronzer, and they always go on more evenly than a true self-tanner.
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:02 pm

OK, found a spray tan place near my home, considering making an appointment. I waited too long, can't really order that from Amazon now, as it may not get here on time, and I won't have time to experiment. For later, yeah, unless Karen releases her version. Thanks for the suggestion!
packgal

Post by packgal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:13 pm

i've had good luck with neutrogena self tanning foam for my legs and the gradual color building face moisturizer jergens makes (it gave my face noticeable color after about 2 applications). if a spray tan is too expensive for you, i think those gradual color building lotions would be a good way to go.