Asset

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
Modesty

Asset

Post by Modesty » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:24 am

Hello! I am looking for a VLS or Matte lipstick in the color Asset. Would Bravado match, or is it too bright like Revlon's colorburst sultry? Any other suggestions? Thank-you
JenW

Re: Asset

Post by JenW » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:11 am

I am guessing Bravdo will be redder than you want, but still a red that leans pink. Asset is more plummy, so Bravado is missing that purpleish component. Not sure this helps. LOL.

Maybe Marsala in the matte?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:46 pm

JenW wrote:I am guessing Bravdo will be redder than you want, but still a red that leans pink. Asset is more plummy, so Bravado is missing that purpleish component. Not sure this helps. LOL.

Maybe Marsala in the matte?
Hi Jen,

Is Marsala more of a cool toned red? I hesitated when I purchased things this time around because I thought it was a red on the warmer side.
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:35 pm

I am not sure I have seen that one in person. However, plum is usually pretty neutral to cool. The brown in the shade might render it warm, but the blue in the purple pulls it back, so to speak. If Karen called it plum, it is neutral to slight cool.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:51 am

Modesty wrote:Hello! I am looking for a VLS or Matte lipstick in the color Asset. Would Bravado match, or is it too bright like Revlon's colorburst sultry? Any other suggestions? Thank-you
I don’t have Asset, but I can attest Bravado is a beautiful berry color but it is missing that purple hue Jen talked about. I have a photo of me wearing Bravado if you want me to post it. Just let me know.
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:14 pm

MBlovesSN wrote:
Modesty wrote:Hello! I am looking for a VLS or Matte lipstick in the color Asset. Would Bravado match, or is it too bright like Revlon's colorburst sultry? Any other suggestions? Thank-you
I don’t have Asset, but I can attest Bravado is a beautiful berry color but it is missing that purple hue Jen talked about. I have a photo of me wearing Bravado if you want me to post it. Just let me know.
I have Bravado, thanks. :)
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
MBlovesSN

Post by MBlovesSN » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:38 pm

Springfairy wrote:
MBlovesSN wrote:
I have Bravado, thanks. :)
Did I misread the post? Sorry. Did you find a match? What is Asset like in depth and opacity?
Favorites

Blush: Abstract, Maybe Baby, and Poppy
Eyeshadows: Blanket Fort, Cult, Danny, Latte, and Moss
Lipsticks: All In, Asset, Eternal, Notion, and Syntax