Let's talk Fall....

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Let's talk Fall....

Post by karen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:58 am

Hi Ladies!
What would you like to see for Fall??? I definitely have a few plans, and there are some great ones on the summer thread, but I thought I'd make a separate Fall thread too.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
lambchop

Re: Let's talk Fall....

Post by lambchop » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:36 pm

How about the return of Eden lip color? I'd buy it in any formula but ALG would be a perfect combination of gorgeous color and formulation. I hope everyone enjoyed vacation. Eden anyone else?

ETA - I know my Mom mosses Kindle as well.
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Greetings!

I would love to have a cream or serum that instantly fills wrinkles and plumps lines around the lips without irritating the skin.

I would also love a hydrating barrier balm to pat over my face and neck. Something I can wear either over or under my makeup.
I often use a thin film of plain organic castor oil as a topper because it is so good for my skin.
It feels substantial (even sticky) at first, but it lacks that hydrating "humectant" quality I need. My skin just absorbs it.
Perhaps a castor oil based balm that has been oomphed up with a humectant and a few other nifty anti-aging ingredients?

Suede and metallic shadows please! Personally, I prefer light-to-medium warm or neutral tones.

An updated frost or pearly lipstick formula in duochrome shades, along the lines of Mac's Frost or Cremesheen Pearl formulas (love both!).

Thank you for all that you do!

Kathleen
shiny

Post by shiny » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:56 am

Hi, Karen. Did you have a nice vacation?

If you don't have something like this already, how about a neutral color temperature brow powder or cream that's in-between the Medium Ash Brow Cream and Light Brunette Brow Powder.

I use these two products to fill in the missing outer half of my eyebrows. They're the right depth (not too dark) but the Medium Ash is too cool, while the Light Brunette is too warm. Together they're perfect, applying the Light Brunette over the Medium Ash, but it takes a lot of fussing to get it just right.

FWIW my coloring is neutral, HD Cream Foundation N30/N40, or MAC NW18. Maybe that'll tell you if there would be enough demand to make it worth your while.

Thanks for asking!
happyhiker

Post by happyhiker » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:10 pm

I would love to see Saucy body oil brought back for fall...my daughter and I both loved it so much!!
Jill
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:01 pm

I mixed up a highlighting eyeshadow, which was made of Shell, Void, and Close Up. I think about equal parts. And it is the perfect under brow highlight for pale gals. I of course can just keep making my own, but just wanted to throw that out there, because it would be awesome to just buy a ready made one.

I LOVE Bobbi, gorgeous lippie! I would love to see more colors like it. I know this is really specific, but a lipstick(not a matte one, but just something a little less glossy than Slick Sticks) in the same color as Bobbi but a cream finish with no shimmer would be a dream come true for me!

I am really getting into matte shadows, and am obsessed with Parallel and Analog! Similar shades to those would be awesome, maybe something a little darker than Analog but same tones, so I can use it in the outer v.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
kinjali22

Post by kinjali22 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:01 pm

Yay, my favorite collection of the year!

I absolutely love the Matte Velvet lippie collection and have found my HG lippie in Canoodle. I would love to see more matte lippies in the same color family as Canoodle with the same depth or deeper.
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Oxana, I was literally just looking at Bobbi and also carnal which are two of my favorite shades!
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:42 pm

cristy_amk wrote:Oxana, I was literally just looking at Bobbi and also carnal which are two of my favorite shades!
I meant cultured!
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:56 pm

I love me anything orange/copper. Mod would lend itself well to a fall color palette. I love the looks they do for fall catalogs with muted rose, denim, and oatmeal.

Mostly these days though, I use a concealer stick and contour stick with blush and bronzer (and the new glow!). My skin gets lousier in the colder months so I usually add in foundation, and use a heavier moisturizer (like the unscented body oil). A cream cleanser could be nice.

Fragrance-wise, I wear citrus in summer and cinnamon in winter, and lavender all year long.

In my own personal realm of biased-ness, my little boy is due October 1st and would love to see the baby stuff come back. MAC would also be fun since it's like getting a little present every month through the dreary time of year :)
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com