ULTP as foundation base?

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
egerandi

ULTP as foundation base?

Post by egerandi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:17 pm

I've fallen off the foundation mixing bandwagon, and I would like to climb back :)
I was wondering, would the ULTP be a good base? I've been dealing with dehydrated and dry skin for a while, and trying to choose a base that's not going to look too powdery on me. I'm trying to remedy the skin condition itself, but anything helps. If not that, then maybe the all purpose? I don't need very heavy coverage, skin still looks pretty good, just dry :)

I tried the sticks and they worked for a while, but having to combine the shades to get the right one wasn't working for me. Somehow, in general, my skin tends to work better with light layer of powder, be it under-eye concealer or foundation.

Also, could someone post the foundation thread link? I tried searching for it but gave up. Or maybe a suggestion where i should start mixing? I've been using golden and peach based pre-mixed stuff from other companies (lazy, I know), like
Tart Amazonian Clay in Fair Honey (fair skin with peach undertone - it is the right tone but too light :/)
Cover FX N25 (too pink) and G30 (right tone but too dark)

I remember having mostly ebony and buttery gold but some warm gold in my old mix (the recipe of which is long lost).

So based on the above, I have no idea if I should go peach, buttery gold, ivory....

Help :)
egerandi

Re: ULTP as foundation base?

Post by egerandi » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:29 pm

Heh, so I found the foundation thread, right on top in this section. Yay!
I could still use some help though if possible, even if with just the base. It's starting to look like the all-purpose may be what I need if I can't use the ULTP.
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:47 pm

If you really want to give the UTLP a try as base, I think you should....especially if you have some on hand!

I have not used it in a while, so I don't really remember the finish, plus I used it mostly at night, so it wasn't something that I would have looked for.

Weren't you the one who also had Liberty or Tempt Tryst in your foundation mix? Straight colorwise, I would try Peach. Plus yellow booster?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:11 pm

JenW wrote:If you really want to give the UTLP a try as base, I think you should....especially if you have some on hand!

I have not used it in a while, so I don't really remember the finish, plus I used it mostly at night, so it wasn't something that I would have looked for.

Weren't you the one who also had Liberty or Tempt Tryst in your foundation mix? Straight colorwise, I would try Peach. Plus yellow booster?
Yes, that was me! I'm gonna try the peach with TT this time and see how it turns out. Thanks Jen!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:10 pm

So, I tried the all-purpose base, and I remembered why it wasn't working for me before. It's just a heavier coverage than what I'm looking for and not the right texture. I found some medium ivory base and mixed that half/half with the ULTP, so it would still give me a hydrating feel. Peach with yellow booster + liberty worked great!
12 medium ivory
12 ULTP
1 peach
1 yellow booster
2 liberty