Brow Cream - having trouble color matching

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
fluttershy

Brow Cream - having trouble color matching

Post by fluttershy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:34 am

I recently ordered a full pot of the medium brow cream because the swatch looked like a good match for me. Unfortunately, I tried a little and it is definitely too warm and yellowy for me.

In the swatch images, there's another color called "Medium Ash" that looks like it might be a good fit, but I can't seem to find it on the website. For reference, I've been using the darkest shade in the Physician's Formula Canyon Classics matte quad since it comes out as a soft ashy grey/brown and works well for my dark eyebrows. But I love Silk Naturals products so much and would love to find a cream version to replace it!
bellatete

Re: Brow Cream - having trouble color matching

Post by bellatete » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:55 am

fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:59 am

Thank you! I did a search for "Brow Cream Medium Ash" and I was getting blushes and bright pink ALGs (both of which are lovely but not what I am looking for).

Have you used it before? Would you say the color is more muted?
bellatete

Post by bellatete » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:02 am

i searched for just "ash" hehe, but i also found it under "makeup & accessories" --> "eye brows".

i have a sample of it at home, but haven't tried it yet. i also have medium brown, so i can do a little comparison for you ;)
however, i have dark auburn (henna-ed) hair, so i will probably not be a good indicator re: colour match.
shiny

Post by shiny » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:50 pm

I had a similar problem. My coloring isn't cool or warm, but neutral. Hair was "dishwater blond" as a child, then it darkened to a neutral brown. I don't have any outer eyebrows at all. I like my makeup to look natural, not painted on.

The Light Brunette brow powder was the right depth but too warm/orangey for me. Then I tried the Medium Ash brow cream which was a closer match, but in some lights just a bit too gray. So now I apply the Medium Ash cream first, and then a very light layer of Light Brunette powder on top of it. What I end up with is not too warm, not too cool, not too light, not too dark... it's just perfect, plus it lasts all day.