Holiday Collection....

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
Die Marchen

Re: Holiday Collection....

Post by Die Marchen » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:00 pm

I hope for the eyeliner like the one that was but without irritation.
And hope to see empty pans in the section with empty jars.
And empty palettes with mirror, black and velvety like the new mascara package.
My three greatest wishes))))
Current ratio, Sept. 13: 1 Ebony : 1 Buttery Gold : 15 All Purpose : 5 Ivory : 2 Yellow : 1 Liberty : 1 Beach Bunny
The mix is pale and does't look yellow
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:32 pm

I just thought of another thing. So I have been hearing about green tea powder being good for skin, especially for anti-aging. And have seen it in powdered makeup.
I have never actually seen it in real life, so I have no idea what it looks or feels like, but maybe it would be neat to have something like a green tea powder primer? Or just to mix into foundation?
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
sunnyray

Post by sunnyray » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:50 am

I already posted about this but I hope Karen saw it. I would love to see some lipglosses in the winter holiday collection.A gold even a little bit frosted to put over the other lippies would be great. A tomato red and a holiday pink.(not too dark) would be fabulous.I do use glosses from other companies but I miss silk naturals as you all well know there is nothing like silk naturals.I miss the stevia with just a pinch of vanilla.The gold could have a chocolate flavor. Hope I am not just dreaming. I have been using a liquid eyeshadow from Josie maran which is just great. NO alcohol what so ever.Something for us girls with sensitive dry eyes. I hope Karen makes a true liquid eyeshadow some time.Here's hoping.
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:13 am

Oxana124 wrote:I just thought of another thing. So I have been hearing about green tea powder being good for skin, especially for anti-aging. And have seen it in powdered makeup.
I have never actually seen it in real life, so I have no idea what it looks or feels like, but maybe it would be neat to have something like a green tea powder primer? Or just to mix into foundation?
I drink green tea matcha powder every morning. High quality, finer grade powder is similar in consistency to corn starch or cocoa powder, but it's also very, VERY green! I truly think you get better health benefits from drinking it because your body ingests all of the tea leaf.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:42 pm

Thank you! I have actually purchased some powdered green tea to use as a mask. I do drink tea daily as well, but I heard applied topically it can work better for targeting fine lines and such. The makeup I have seen that uses green tea powder did not look green, maybe it used a different kind of green tea, and it was probably very finely milled, and it probably didn't have like a ton if it in there.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:52 pm

The standardized green tea extract that I trust, and love really works better in a liquid form. It's a powder, but it's very very brown, and I don't think it does much just sitting on your skin. They could be using something different than the stuff I have- IIRC there's a surface treated mica with green tea, but I still think it's better in a liquid.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
ludmila

Post by ludmila » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:09 pm

New ALGs would be great, there are too many cool pinks and warm oranges and I would like to see more reds and "earthy" colours like "sultry". :)
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:55 am

That makes sense that something wet has a much better chance of absorbing into your skin and doing something, vs a dry powder just sitting on top. I didn't think of that.
karen wrote:The standardized green tea extract that I trust, and love really works better in a liquid form. It's a powder, but it's very very brown, and I don't think it does much just sitting on your skin. They could be using something different than the stuff I have- IIRC there's a surface treated mica with green tea, but I still think it's better in a liquid.
Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:02 pm

A few more wishes if I am not too late...

Have you ever attempted a retro-matte finish for lipstick? Like the one MAC puts out? (Ruby Woo is a retro-matte. Russian Red is a standard matte).
I love that finish. It covers my pigmented lips and stays put like I don't know what. I can do without MAC's fondness for bismuthoxychloride though. A few holiday jewel colors in that finish would be great.
No mint or menthol in those please-very irritating to my lips, unfortunately.

I just ran out of Spike lip gloss (deep brown with loads of turquoise shimmer). Miss it...

More Eyelight and Mattelight shadows in depth levels 2 and 3 would be wonderful.

Navy liquid liner is a great idea, along with navy mascara.

I would love a Light Ash Brow Cream.

Thanks for asking!

Kathleen
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:41 pm

I did take a brief stab at matte a few weeks ago....it didn't quite pan out, but yes, I love the look too. The quick trick is to grab a sample of Diablo blush, and dab it over a red lippie. It's gorgeous.

The rest is a surprise :) But I do like the suggestion for the brow cream- not this round, but it's a good one.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten