New Site Update

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

New Site Update

Post by karen » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:57 pm

I'm sorry for the late notice, but I've been working pretty hard on the new site. It looks like with any luck we'll be ready to launch sometime Thursday.

We'll need to close the existing site in order to transfer all of your order info and points, and my plan is to do that early tomorrow morning.

After that the coders will go to work transferring the data, and we'll open the new site! The links will all still be the same- www.silknaturals.com

That's all barring any unforseen issues- and there is *always* something in BIG projects like this.

The one thing is that your passwords will no longer be valid. We will be sending an email with new password info (I have to get some clarification on that), but there is a link right on the front page to get a new password as well.

The new site has a ton of nice new features, and I hope you love it as much as I do. It's been a bigger project than I anticipated, but it's coming together, and it's pretty sweet.

Thank you all for being so patient during this process. I'll update here as soon as it's live :)
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Re: New Site Update

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:59 pm

That is so exciting!!!!
Can't wait to see the new site! :)
Hope it all goes as smooth as possible for you!
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:36 am

Smooth is not the word I'd use to describe the process thus far, but it is moving forward.

Due to a couple of unforeseen circumstances we are keeping the site closed over the weekend so we can make a few final tweaks.
shiny

Post by shiny » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Changing a site as large as Silk Naturals is not a task for wimps. Don't worry, Karen. We're not going anywhere ;-)
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:25 pm

shiny wrote:Changing a site as large as Silk Naturals is not a task for wimps. Don't worry, Karen. We're not going anywhere ;-)
Nicely put! Looking forward to seeing it when it is ready ;)
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:35 am

Are we still aiming for switching over to the new site today? Just wondering since I have an order I've been waiting to place! I know a migration like that can have all sorts of hiccups.
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:33 am

I don't know. We've had it *almost* ready to go- just one minor tweak, and then the whole thing breaks. It's been 6 days of this, and we're all very weary.

I'm so sorry. They're working on it- we're all working on it. I'll post here when it goes live.
kris
Site Admin

Post by kris » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:16 pm

karen wrote:I don't know. We've had it *almost* ready to go- just one minor tweak, and then the whole thing breaks. It's been 6 days of this, and we're all very weary.

I'm so sorry. They're working on it- we're all working on it. I'll post here when it goes live.
For those of you who may have subscribed to this particular topic, and missed the other thread... As Karen pointed out, the site is now live!
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:17 pm

And thank you all so much for the kind words while we were migrating. It means a lot. It really does, and we really appreciate it.
4wheel

Post by 4wheel » Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Karen, it looks AWESOME! I have been at the hospital 4 2 weeks. Mom fell and broke her neck BUT SHE IS WALKING MIRACLE! Docs dont know how she walks...lol Jesus makes the way. Thanks again for all the new things you have done to the site.
BE the Light - Shimmer and Shine!