Sleep in a Jar color recommendation!

Here's a chance to ask makeup mavens about color selection! You can easily add your picture to posts, and get help with all of your specific makeup questions.
TaniaVoie

Sleep in a Jar color recommendation!

Post by TaniaVoie » Sun May 25, 2014 8:08 pm

Hi,
I'm interested in trying out Sleep in a Jar, but I'm wandering which color I should get. I have very pale and olive-yellow toned skin, and I have kind of intense under-eye circles, which are a browny-purply color. At MAC I'm NC15.
I'd get the original yellow-toned one, but the fact that it says it does not offer coverage confused me. Will it cover my circles or will I end up with those unattractive light grey circles?

Thank you very much for your time! :)
JenW

Re: Sleep in a Jar color recommendation!

Post by JenW » Mon May 26, 2014 6:11 pm

Concealers are tricky. They are even trickier than matching foundation. Since we offer samples, my recommendation is to try samples of the Sleep in a Jar in yellow and one of the peaches (probably Extra Light Peach).
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
TaniaVoie

Post by TaniaVoie » Mon May 26, 2014 7:49 pm

Thank you for the reply! That's what I was thinking as well, but could you explain to me if the yellow one does offer coverage? Because it just seems so strange to me that the website says it doesn't. I mean, even if it's cancelling out the purply tones, isn't that still considered coverage? Haha, sorry for being so analytical!
JenW

Post by JenW » Thu May 29, 2014 10:25 am

It will be more like sheer color for color correction than a heavy product for concealing, if that makes sense?
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com