Spring is Live!!!

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
karen
Site Admin

Re: Spring is Live!!!

Post by karen » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:14 pm

Yes! They're all lip safe. I don't love the texture of cream blushes as lippies, but all of them are safe to use that way.
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:42 pm

Just want to say that everything is beautiful. I've been with SN since 2006 when i could fit the entire collection onto one small marker board, and I know change has made this company all that it is. It's hard to please everyone and you do a bang up job on listening to customers. Keep doing what you do!
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:06 pm

I love the colors of the blushes on the lips! I need to pair them with a lip balm since they are a dryer formula, because they are blushes, but those colors are just beautiful! Would love to see some lippies in colors like that for summer!
Top Shelf
Shaker
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:41 pm

Oxana,
Thank you for all of your extremely helpful swatches -- great video!
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Thank you Sam! That is really kind of you to say. Change is tough sometimes, but we'll get there.
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:57 pm

I have been with Silk Naturals from the beginning and remember when mix your own foundation was just ebony with a white powder. it seemed too simple; but it worked.

I also remember the original website. I still use the product that started it all - Silk Perfecting Powder.

Silk Naturals has come a long way. I appreciate the notice on items that are about to discontinued (unable to source that exact mica, etc.) and we have the chance to stock up on an eye shadow, etc.
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:50 pm

I just got my order and had to come right away to tell you how much I LOVE everything! It's hard to pick a favorite, but Top Shelf is just the pick-me-up my skin needs after so many months with no sun! I think it'll be just as gorgeous with a tan. Well done Karen and team!!
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:32 pm

kchalbi wrote:I just got my order and had to come right away to tell you how much I LOVE everything! It's hard to pick a favorite, but Top Shelf is just the pick-me-up my skin needs after so many months with no sun! I think it'll be just as gorgeous with a tan. Well done Karen and team!!
I agree completely--Top Shelf is my new favorite blush. It has great lasting power and is just the right amount of color. It looks fabulous with Sea Breeze lippie, too. :D Also, I really like the new make-up remover!

I also appreciate the Silk Naturals team's commitment to quality and great customer service. Karen does a wonderful job of listening and responding, and I understand that she has a business to run--sometimes that means reevaluating the products and discontinuing ones that don't sell as well as others, or ones that have issues beyond her control, like a supplier discontinuing a necessary ingredient. I'm always sad to see things disappear, but appreciate the warnings. Many companies don't bother, and frankly, don't care about customer reactions. So, THANK YOU ALL! ;)
~Tracy~
karen
Site Admin

Post by karen » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:00 am

Thank you! I'm really really glad you like them. The new cream blushes *almost* didn't make the cut, but they're so pretty I couldn't hold them back. It didn't hurt that I got tons of compliments when I wear Shaker :)
Charz

Post by Charz » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:08 am

Everything looks so bright and happy! Thanks SN for another great collection.

I'm curious about the makeup remover - it says it's rinseless, which sounds awesome. Do we soak a cotton pad and wipe all over? Or something bigger like a tissue? Does it really not need a cleanser afterwards? Would love to keep a bottle of this on my nightstand!