Spring

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
ColorfulVoid

Re: Spring

Post by ColorfulVoid » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:02 pm

@Maeva can you tell what does the Sentimental slick stick looks like ?
I placed my first ever order from Silk Naturals and as I'm not very familiar with lipsticks I hope the color will be okay with my fair carnation...
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:18 pm

Does this even exist...a blush primer. I am super pale and when I lose even a bit of color I look drained. Karen, you seem like a miracle worker is this a possibility? BTW I love the cream blushes! Entice is my all time favorite! I actually love the ease of applying it from a tube...dab dab and blend with my fingers viola! I'd love more deep tones like it!
Ladybug914

Post by Ladybug914 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:06 pm

zooeyblue wrote:Would love to see Tchotchke blush (a GWP from a while ago) become a permanent addition and Genuine lippie (Vegan Kisser Slicker formula) be reintroduced as a regular Kisser Slicker or Slick Stick. Candle Glow (another GWP) would be nice to see, too. I'm in love with the Body Butters now, so something soft, like a cherry blossom scent, or a peach scent would be fun. :)
Ditto on Tchotcke! I am pretty sure I have two jars because of the MAC, but I cannot find the second one, and the first one is very close to empty. :shock:
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:58 am

Just thought of something else I'd love to see. So I was looking at Spring '14 makeup trends and I really want to experiment with the lime green eye one:
So what I am asking for is an eyeshadow the color of that one in the pic. I know there is one that exists already that is a matte, but I'm hoping for one with at least a little bit of a sheen to it.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:49 am

ColorfulVoid wrote:@Maeva can you tell what does the Sentimental slick stick looks like ?
I placed my first ever order from Silk Naturals and as I'm not very familiar with lipsticks I hope the color will be okay with my fair carnation...
Hi ColorfulVoid,
I am sorry I did not see your post until now.
To my eye, Sentimental is a light-medium depth plum shade, with warm brown undertones, and a bit of fine (pink?) shimmer.
I am pale (HD G03), with yellow and pink undertones. I look good in plums and browns, so Sentimental is a hit for me. I also think it fades nicely.

Perhaps our lovely Oxana will post a swatch (nudge nudge :D )
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
ColorfulVoid

Post by ColorfulVoid » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:11 am

Thanks Maeva ;) Well I never tried anything like that before, it will be a first ! I don't know what shade I'm in Silk foundations (only tried 3 mineral brands so far), but I have neutral-peachy undertones.
I'd love a swatch too if possible, if not, I'll try not to be impatient until my order arrives in a week or so (:
Waiting is the hardest thing about ordering abroad :lol:
fluttershy

Post by fluttershy » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:48 pm

Oxana124 wrote:Just thought of something else I'd love to see. So I was looking at Spring '14 makeup trends and I really want to experiment with the lime green eye one:
So what I am asking for is an eyeshadow the color of that one in the pic. I know there is one that exists already that is a matte, but I'm hoping for one with at least a little bit of a sheen to it.
Ah! That looks like Zest - it's too bad it was discontinued because I haven't seen much else in the catalog that looks like it. I grabbed a jar before they were all gone, but I only use it to warm up certain looks.
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:45 pm

In case someone is still waiting on their package and wants the color of Sentimental to remain a mystery to them until they see so it is a surprise, I am not going to post a pic so I don't spoil it. Instead I will post a link and there you can see what Sentimental looks like, I swatched it together with Iconic, Hey Baby, and Bobbi.
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... ippie.html
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
ColorfulVoid

Post by ColorfulVoid » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Thank you Oxana :) it looks lovely ! I think it will suit me after all ;)
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:19 pm

I'm not impatient, promise, but I am curious to know if the collection will be released soon. I want to place an order to get Chirp (I cannot resist the name!) and I'm not sure how many things I *need.* I'll probably make it a small order if the collection will be released soon. :)
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek