Spring

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
cclee00

Spring

Post by cclee00 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:10 pm

Okay, so I'll ask first - do we get a spring collection? :) I'd be excited to see one! ;)
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
karen
Site Admin

Re: Spring

Post by karen » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:51 am

Yes! I'm working on some things now. Before y'all start listing things- I have to make a little list of things that I don't have planned.
1)Nail polish. I love it, but we don't have the space to make it, and I don't want to keep acetone and all of that stuff around the shop.
2) More lip stains. There really isn't a good way to lighten or darken colors to make the tones you really want, and make them stable, and staining. It would be a sub-par product, and I don't want to go there.
3) Pencil anything...lip liners, eye liners. I haven't found any sort of packaging that really impressed me.

Other stuff I've been working on/playing with is going fairly well. I can't make an AHA cleanser with natural thickeners. pH and liquid soaps are tough, and when you throw in starches to thicken it- they just turn into a big mess. It's just something I've never really been able to wrap my brain around.

Other than that list 'em!
"If it doesn't keep me up at night- it's not worth doing"- Ina Garten
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:18 am

Yay! I look forward to Spring and whatever you have in store for us!
I would love to see some products in colors based on this year's Color of The Year - Radiant Orchid
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:36 am

I'd really love a warm version of the cream blush/highlighter trio! Golden highlighter, coral blush with bronzer would be great! I've really gotten into layering cream and powder blushes to make them last, but I feel like I'm missing a few basics on the cream side of things-coral with no shimmer, like poppy, and warm pink-cream version of Petal would be awesome! I'd also love a sheer, no shimmer coral slick stick, like a sheer version of Jane minus any shimmer (more of a jelly). I'd love an eyeshadow in the new orchid theme, especially if the shimmer was minimal! Frosts have been looking really off on me lately, though it could be changing tastes-I like more of a natural looking finish these days.
Maeva

Post by Maeva » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:45 pm

Hello All,

For Spring...
A hair gel with silk and silicone for shine, smoothness, and hold/control.
A collagen filler cream to plump up wrinkles and lines around the mouth.
I will second the request for more suede finish shadows (I also like Matte Light shadows). I am hoping for crisp colors with minimal brown or grey undertones.
A few dazzling ultra-shimmer shadows for pop and contrast would also be great.
I would like a few shiny shimmer-bomb glosses that will not lighten my lips (I think a clear, colorless background would do it).
More lippie palettes.
More cream-finish lippies--especially a slightly lighter brighter non-ALG version of Nice Tan, and an updated rose shade.

Looking forward to it!
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little...you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. – Coco Chanel
rymorg2

Post by rymorg2 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:56 pm

High Shimmer/glittery lipglosses ala Mac Dazzleglasses! I'm in the mood for shimmer!
Cosmetology Educator with gluten sensitivity, eczema and other ingredients sensitivities
Vegan Ivory, 10 scoops to 1 scoop buttery gold[/color]
Anna_C

Post by Anna_C » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:17 pm

Hello everyone,

My spring collection wishlist:
-A matte reddish brown eyeshadow would be great- love it in the crease (Makeup Geek Cocao Bear is an example). I have been looking for this color amongst natural makeup companies for a while, no success yet.
-Also, a natural dry shampoo is a must have- would love to try SN's one.
-Natural eyes glitters are always on my wish list. LIT Costmetics makes great natural glitters, but they are on a pricier side.
-I second Oxana's wish for the Orchid collection, especially would love to see an Orchid lipstick.

I am so excited for the Spring Collection!

Anna
cristy_amk

Post by cristy_amk » Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:07 pm

I'd love a neck serum. I got a bit of sagging and while I know there is no miracle cream out there I'd love to see a neck specific serum!
ErinL

Post by ErinL » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:49 pm

I'd still love to see some more cream shadows with duochrome! :-)
And cream blushes in compacts. (And on that note, I'd love to see the powder blushes transferred over to cream! Especially the plum, coral and peachy-pink shades! I'm such a klutz, I do much better with cream than powder. :lol: )
Xarata

Post by Xarata » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:05 pm

On my last jar of Sassy... :roll:
Samantha
"Are you a master of your destiny or a slave to your fear..."

Can't live without colors: Highbeam, Homecoming Queen, Sassy, & Cider

http://sapphiresandstilettos.blogspot.com
http://xarataproject.blogspot.com