The Cream Foundation Thread

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
marcey

Re: The Cream Foundation Thread

Post by marcey » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:05 am

Just received my order today with N20 & N30 foundations. Wearing one on each side of the face. I must say the coverage is amazing & the texture too. I've been matched with MAC NW20 I believe & I'm finding the 20 is a bit light & the 30 a bit dark. Definitely going to do some experimenting with my samples because I love this formula. Thanks so much Karen!
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:22 am

How long do others seem to find their tube lasting? In the process of trying to fix my stuck tube, I noticed the little plastic pin just beginning to appear in the middle, meaning I'm close to the end of the tube. I've only had it a month without using it every day. I'm happy to "have" to order SN every month, but I wondered if I use too much!
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
Springfairy

Post by Springfairy » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:24 pm

JenW wrote:
Springfairy wrote:Hi,

If I'm 2 Ebony:1Warm Gold:22White then which cream foundation is best for me? My guess is that it is between N20 and N40.
Many thanks!
Yes, I would try that range.
Thank you, Jen. My question is which shade of the three exactly? I'm asking because of the international shipping costs, I'm planning a bigger order.
"Everything that is done for us, without us, is not ours."
JenW

Post by JenW » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Springfairy wrote:
JenW wrote:
Springfairy wrote:Hi,

If I'm 2 Ebony:1Warm Gold:22White then which cream foundation is best for me? My guess is that it is between N20 and N40.
Many thanks!
Yes, I would try that range.
Thank you, Jen. My question is which shade of the three exactly? I'm asking because of the international shipping costs, I'm planning a bigger order.
I can only narrow to N30 or N40.
Your Silk Naturals Forum Cruise Director!
1Olive:14 Ivory
Faves-
Lips: Maiden & Nectar
Eyes: Phantom, Linen, & Fusion + Tarnish
Skincare: BHA & Awesome Sauce
Email a pic for foundation help: colorquestions dot silkmakeup at gmail dot com
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:09 am

Because of my winter skin, I had a bit of an issue applying it too. I overcompensated, and felt like my face was covered in something weird... which then ended up looking like a grease pot. Eww. I experimented a bunch, with different shades and different 'unders' and 'overs' and what seems to work is adding a couple drops of argan oil to the oatmeal serum for extra hydraton and moisture, then apply sunscreen, which then me a bit white. Then, a thin layer of silicon-based primer (I know it's not natural, but my skin is fine with it, and kinda needs it during the winter especially) which then evens out my pores some more. Then, a swirl of N40 on cheeks, nose, forehead and chin, then a touch of G40 at those places and blend it with my finger. Very light application, so it's not overdone - which is what was the issue before. I even tried the black applicator which worked fine, but then I realized that using less just made more sense :)
I finish with a mix of untinted blur and perfecting powder with a smidgen of splendid, and it lasts me nicely until after lunch. No dry spot, no flaking, no visible pores. N40 and G40 seemed a little dark at the beginning, but because of my sunscreen making me look like a ghost (but otherwise it's fine), it made sense to go a level up. N40 is a little to pasty in itself but almost perfect, so adding a tad of G40 did the trick.
I use a lighter one as my under-eye concealer, so I'm getting nice use of all the samples I ordered :)