Valentine's Day Collection

Post your favorite tips and tricks, FOTD's, and swap foundation recipes!
fluttershy

Re: Valentine's Day Collection

Post by fluttershy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:13 am

Xarata wrote:It may just be my porcelain doll pallor wishing but anything Victorian garden party is on my list.
Welp, now I'm pining after something I didn't even consider, haha. :lol:

That sounds like it'd make for an awesome spring/summer themed collection!! Dainty and delicate with a classy/timeless spin.
cclee00

Post by cclee00 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Xarata wrote:It may just be my porcelain doll pallor wishing but anything Victorian garden party is on my list.

WOW. +1000. :D
Caroline

Makeup junkie extraordinaire and geek
eeeksparks

Post by eeeksparks » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:45 pm

I'll second the request for lipliner.
Also, I'd love to see more body care products in the secret admirer scent (and the scent name seems fitting for Valentine's day too).
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Ditto :D I love the romantic color palettes--Rosy lips and soft pink cheeks, with a light one color wash for eyes with LOTS of mascara.
~Tracy~
Autumn

Post by Autumn » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:11 pm

fireproof2012 wrote:some of those 24 karat cocoa scrubby bars!..mmmm
Those were nice! Smelled yummy.
kchalbi

Post by kchalbi » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:18 pm

I love the idea of the soft, romantic colors! I'd also love a warmer version of the neopolatin blush palette-a slightly golden highlighter, and peachy/coral blush plus bronzer would be great!
egerandi

Post by egerandi » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:23 am

I would love some duochrome eye shadows as well - I've been having to cut into makeup time due to workout time, but don't want to cut shadows altogether, oh no! I found Discover (GWP) in my stash by accident, and I've been using it a lot: blending it into the crease gives the impression of a darker color. More like that, please! I would love some yellow and bright golds (no olives), peaches (like sunnywille), something like cougar (neutral with a kick).

Cream shadows in more neutral but not too light colors would be fab. I'm thinking Mojave, Cameo, Latent, that sort of stuff.
I would also love cream Climax and cream Rosie - my skin prefers creams during the winter :)

I wonder whatever happened to candle light glow (or something like that): it was a gwp glow a while back, in the golden range but more subdued than liberty. I like to add that to my finishing powder sometimes or use it as highlighter.

Na Na Na Boo Boo is a nice one to keep permanent too: it's sort of a mlbb with with a bit of lilac hue. And while we're talking GWPs, I would like to not run out of Discover, it's a great winter color for me :)

It may be too late for skin care stuff, but have you considered making moisturizer that includes retinol? Ya know, for our lazy types who don't want to go through the proper steps and don't mind sticking it out for the slower results?
zooeyblue

Post by zooeyblue » Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:19 pm

egerandi wrote: I wonder whatever happened to candle light glow (or something like that): it was a gwp glow a while back, in the golden range but more subdued than liberty. I like to add that to my finishing powder sometimes or use it as highlighter.
Yes! This was a GWP. I love this one and would love to see it return as permanent, too.
~Tracy~
eliz1

Post by eliz1 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:54 pm

ANYthing ALG 8-) 8-)
Oxana124

Post by Oxana124 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:29 am

Some kind of waxy balm that had something in it to make it not greasy, like silk powder. So it's got a cream to powder feel. I would use it as a face primer when my skin is super dry, like right now :) But it could just be a general type balm that anyone who likes cream to powder finish could use, like if you didn't want an oily feeling balm.
Silk would make it feel nice and smooth on the skin. It could be in a tin or a lotion bar type thing.
Shea Butter and coconut oil would be nice.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oxana124
http://swatchsoiree.blogspot.com